We create smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. We design and manufacture a complete range of transportation systems, from high-speed trains to electric buses and driverless trains, as well as infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a truly global community of more than 36 300 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
Job title: Site Manager ,
Based at: Romania- Sighisoara / Brasov
Alstom in Romania has been present for over 20 years employing today over 500 people. Alstom, registered major success in infrastructure, signaling and also services. The long term service agreement for the maintenance of the rolling stock of Metrorex is a major reference and shows the expertise of Alstom in this field. Alstom will continue to grow his business in Romania proposing further services for the local market and export, creating regional hub in Services and Signaling.
The Sighisoara - Brasov Project is part of the program of rehabilitation of the European Corridor IV. The purpose of the project is to increase the running speed from 120 km/h to 160 km/h.
Supervise Installation and Test and Commissioning activities related to Electrical Power Traction System from Railways S&I Simeria –Vintu de Jos Project :
Rehabilitation The Electrical Power Traction Systemconsists of, but is not limited to:
- Dismantling works preparation of existing Catenary, Exterior Lighting and Power Supply equipment according with execution stages;
- Works preparation excavation foundations and erections of masts.
- Works preparation equipment installing power supply, contact line, outdoor lighting, track protection
- Works preparation for test and commissioning Electrical powerr Traction System Instalations
- Work Methods preparation
Specific responsibilities of the role:
- Plan and manage the operations of survey to be settled before starting the works
- Manage interface with the client about schedule: availability of track power-off / power-on of the catenary entry / exit / access to the track of the rail/road equipments, and parking areas of the trains for works
- Attends to the meetings (work progress and coordination).
- Supervise the works, including tests and commissioning to be realized before energizing the equipments
- Manage and control the Subcontractors performance as per their Subcontracts obligations
- Ensure that subcontractor site team is efficient and sufficient
- Manage general weekly and daily schedules
- Collect and sign all teams daily reports
- Asigură respectarea procedurilor de instalare, respectiv cele de testare şi punere în funcţiune / Ensure that installation and T&C procedures are followed
- Ensures that rehabilitation installations comply with the technical documents.
- Collect , check and sign related progress and quality site records
- Check the good implementation of the Quality Assurance System, including more specifically the handling and storage on site of the material
- Controls the material on site delivery and establishes damages reports if necessary in compliance with the Alstom Transport procedures.
- Invite (through the Deputy Construction Manager) the client to the Witness Points as defined in the Installation Procedures, with interface with Quality Department
- Manage non-conformities relating to these activities
- Report to the Construction manager on the progress of jobs with which he is concerned
Qualifications & Experience
- Technical upper education in electrical or construction domain
- Validated experience in OCS Installation supervision (at least 4 years for high level of studies and 10 years for medium level).
- Good understanding of Electrification works activities
- Good knowledge of the traction and auxiliary energy distribution system, in terms of installation.
- Good understanding of electrical power supply system related to OCS, PS, EI: design, mounting, testing and commissioning.
- Good level in English
- Romanian language mandatory
- Driving license – compulsory
- First-aid training would be an advantage
An agile, inclusive and responsible culture is the foundation of our company where diverse people are offered excellent opportunities to grow, learn and advance in their careers. We are committed to encouraging our employees to reach their full potential, while valuing and respecting them as individuals.