This is a hands-on management position that will involve establishing, growing and guiding a new off-shore development team in Romania to support growth of an existing development team for Oracle’s market-leading Session Border Controller (SBC) product. The SBC is deployed across multiple top-tier operators and numerous large and medium enterprises. This position is to specifically support the cloud-native SBC initiative following an Agile CI/CD process, serving as both the team manager and scrum master
Experience/Educational Requirements :
- 7+ years of software engineering experience with networking or telecommunications systems, specifically with SIP/VOIP and multi-media IP.
- 3+ years of experience recruiting, managing and coaching high quality software engineering teams.
- Experience in a leadership role, with demonstrated success in building and establishing a team in a dynamic, fast-paced 0environment.
- 3+ years of hands-on management experience guiding team in daily engineering activities. Experience working successfully as part of a geographically distributed engineering team, or as part of an offshore development team is required.
- A deep understanding of software development in a team environment, and a track record of shipping software on time is required.
- This team will be part of a broader team that is following Agile software development practices. Candidate should have experience running, managing or working within an Agile program, including development and automation testing
- Experience in the following areas is preferred: Experience developing highly concurrent/high throughput software Experience developing highly available/redundant software Experience with networking protocols or networking software development, specifically IPv4/IPv6, TLS/DTLS, SIP, RTP/RTCP, SRTP, DNS, SNMP, ICE, IPsec/IKE, SDP offer answer model, DNS, L2/L3, LI (X1/X2/X3), ICMP Experience developing/deploying cloud-native applications utilizing cloud-native technologies, specifically docterized containers & kubernetes Experience with other cloud-native technologies such as Kibana, EFK, Prometheus, Jaeger & cloud-native databases Experience developing software following Agile and CI/CD processes including automation testing development Minimum of 2 years of scrum master experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven track record of fast learning, innovation, strategic thought leadership and teamwork.
- Ability to navigate large organizations, develop relationships and build network.
- 4-year bachelor degree required. Higher education in computer science preferred.
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Manage a team that designs, develops, troubleshoots and debugs software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a manager of the software engineering division, you will apply your knowledge of software architecture to manage software development tasks associated with developing, debugging or designing software applications, operating systems and databases according to provided design specifications. Build enhancements within an existing software architecture and occasionally suggest improvements to the architecture.
Leads a specialized area which may have diverse functional elements. Frequently interacts with supervisors and/or functional peer group managers. May interact with senior management. Demonstrated leadership and people management skills. Strong communication skills, analytical skills, thorough understanding of product development. BS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. Typically one year of software engineering or related experience.