At Google, our philosophy is build it, break it and then rebuild it better. That thinking is at the core of how we approach testing at Google. Unlike roles with similar names at the other companies, Test Engineers at Google aren't manual testers -- you write scripts to automate testing and create tools so developers can test their own code. As a Test Engineer, you navigate Google's massive codebase, identify weak spots and constantly design better and creative ways to break software and identify potential problems. You'll have a huge impact on the quality of Google's growing suite of products and services.
Fitbit’s diverse line of innovative products of smartwatches, trackers and smart scale help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their health and fitness goals. Our products deliver personalized experiences, insights and guidance through leading software and interactive tools to support our users’ health and wellness. Partnering with Google will expand our resources and global platform, and we will be able to accelerate innovation in the wearables category to scale faster, and make health even more accessible to everyone.
- Contribute to engineering efforts from planning and organization to execution and delivery to solve complex engineering problems in tools and testing.
- Develop scalable and reliable automated tests and frameworks for testing embedded hardware devices.
- Design, create, modify and execute test plans and tests for hardware and software validation at both system and user level and drive to improve software QA processes and methodologies.
- Automate repeated tasks and build test coverage through existing or new infrastructure.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in developing test automation solutions in Java or Python.
- Experience in developing automated internal frameworks or improving testing effectiveness.
- Experience with test methodologies, writing test plans, creating test cases, and debugging.
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux environments and Bash scripting.
- Knowledge in one or more of the following system components, interfaces, and protocols on mobile devices such as touch, display, camera, audio, cellular, wi-fi, bluetooth, network protocols, power and battery, system performance, multimedia and/or sensors.