You will be a part of the Technology Group Department. We are the primary technology partner of game production teams. We develop tools, middleware and online solutions used in Ubisoft games. We also provide advisory services to production teams that request an external viewpoint on challenges for which we have the necessary technical expertise.
The TG Software Test Team is comprised of tech-savvy individuals with a great passion for testing and quality. We work in a fast-paced environment, on a wide range of niche tools used for game development.
In the Software Tester for Web Applications role, you will work mostly with Web applications developed for different browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Safari etc.) in this role you will verify the UI and functionalities of the applications but also have the opportunity to use the development console from the browser to identify errors or even do API testing using Postman or other frameworks (Behave, Cucumber etc.).
Your main mission:
- Identify and report software defects and usability concerns;
- Validate defect corrections;
- Support programmers in issue resolution;
- Create, maintain, and run test plans;
- Create and maintain test documentation;
- Create and send reports to stakeholders;
- Assist in defining acceptance test automation planning;
- Assist in implementing basic automated acceptance tests;
- Assist with first-line support for the product;
- Collaborate and coordinate with peers across the globe;
- Assist in training and/or producing tutorials to teach the basic features of the tools;
- Determine missing or inadequate processes in an effort to provide quality service.
What You’ll Bring as Experienc:
- Knowledge of software testing principles and working methodologies;
- Significant experience in Quality Assurance (troubleshooting, testing)
- Knowledge of defect tracking software (Jira or similar)
- Experience with troubleshooting configuration files (.xml, .ini), windows services, crash reporting;
- Knowledge of test management software (TestRail, X-Ray, or similar);
- Knowledge of test automation practices and software (TDD, BDD, Selenium, Cypress, Ranorex or similar)
- Familiarity with Source Control Management software (Git/GitLab, Perforce, or similar);
- Advanced knowledge of computers (Advanced OS features, VM, Cloud, or similar)
- Ability to read and understand log files;
- Good knowledge of API testing using Postman or SoapUI;
- Knowledge on using the development console in the browser to obtain information about the errors received;
- Understanding of continuous delivery pipelines and production tools;
- Excellent English skills (reading, writing, speaking and listening).
What you’ll bring as a Colleague:
- Excellent communication skills and strong work ethics;
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Ability to exercise good judgement and decision making;
- Proactive work manner;
Nice to have:
- Ability to understand and edit a JSON/XML file;
- Basic Knowledge of popular database solutions (SQL, MongoDB);
- Advanced knowledge of using the developers console to obtain information about the web applications;
- Previous knowledge of Behavior Driven Development frameworks (Behave, Cucumber or similar);
- Previous experience in writing test cases in Gherkin language;
- Familiarity with Server/Client architecture;
- Experience with complex applications with multiple components;
- Basic knowledge of Linux OS and Linux commands;
- Experience with debugging applications.
But most of all, we are in need of involved team members who are looking to learn and develop professionally.
Why choose Ubisoft Romania?
Ubisoft Romania is defined by three main pillars:
- Production: creates amazing games that have a strong impact on tens of millions of players around the world;
- IT: delivers reliable services and engineers products for Ubisoft’s community of players, game development teams and employees;
- Quality Control: guarantees a smooth and non-interrupted experience by maximizing the quality of the games.
You will have the chance to work with the latest technologies and collaborate with our talented teams from around the world.
We aspire to offer our employees an environment and culture where everyone can thrive. We offer a variety of perks that support physical, emotional and intellectual well-being such as health and benefit packages, opportunities for career development and learning, free access to bikes and a library at your disposal.
Find out more about Ubisoft Romania: https://www.ubisoft.com/en-US/studio/bucharest.aspx
Ubisoft’s 19.000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us Create the unknown.
If this sounds like you, please apply via our career portal. The application should include your resume, highlighting your experience, education and skills.