Affirma, four year in a row ranked "Best Companies to Work For" and "Fastest Growing Companies" in Washington is seeking a talented Network Security Engineer to join our team in Iasi! Affirma is a global full-service technology, business, and creative consultancy that is dedicated to top-tier client satisfaction.
The Network Security Engineer is responsible for the setup, monitoring, maintenance, patching, decommissioning, troubleshooting, documentation of network equipment and services. The Network Security Engineer maintains LAN and WAN network architecture, VLAN definitions and configurations, IP network structure documentation, wireless, intrusion protection system, endpoint security, firewall configurations, including VPN tunnels, and other network related equipment and services.
· Perform the installation, configuration, definition, management, upgrade and modification of intrusion protection systems, network switches, routers, firewalls, Wireless, VLAN and other related infrastructure technologies.
· Assist with maintenance, support, and administration of servers, local/wide area network (LAN/WAN), Wireless and VLAN technologies.
· Define, communicate and maintain endpoint security
· Troubleshoot networking issues.
· Communicate with internal IT team members to complete projects.
· Analyze security threats, vulnerability assessments, and audit results to recommend security solutions that enable business objectives.
· Investigate security breach alerts and fix possible vulnerabilities.
· Maintain virus detection systems.
· Participate in third-party audits/assessments of business security practices.
· Ensure safety and confidentiality of data and systems by adhering to the organizations information security policies.
· Read, understand, and acknowledge security policies and complete all annual security and compliance training.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· The ability to provide professional, courteous, and friendly relationships to the team.
· Possess strong analytic and problem-solving skills.
· Be successful managing multiple tasks simultaneously, and effectively prioritizing.
· Have capacity for learning new technologies in a fast-paced environment.
· Strong verbal and written communication, attention to detail, and organizational skills.
· Must embody the attitude of a service department, with excellent interpersonal skills.
· Strong documentation skills.
· Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Cybersecurity or related field is required.
· 3 or more years of professional experience in network and system security required.
· Directly related experience supporting Intrusion detection/protection system is a bonus.
· Experience with Microsoft Server / Workstation based Operating Systems.
· Experience with Microsoft SCCM / Intune is a bonus.
· Experience with Microsoft Office 365 / Azure
· Operational experience with configuring/troubleshooting routers, switches, firewalls and VPNs – Both Remote Access and Site-to-Site
Nice to Have:
· Microsoft certifications
· Network+ certifications
· Security+ certification
· One of Washington's Fastest Growing Private Companies & Top 100 Best Companies to Work For (According to Seattle Business Magazine and Puget Sound Business Journal)
· Casual environment, surrounded by incredibly intelligent and motivated co-workers, and a performance-driven culture
· Flexible Schedule
· Opportunity for growth
· Great location, great people, exciting projects, and tons of fun