By joining us as a Wireless Lan Service Manager , you will lead our global wireless engineering team. This entails managing the overall service roadmap, coordinating/delivering new releases of the service, tracking key service metrics, identifying/delivering optimization opportunities and managing financial aspects to ensure the overall service delivers value to the enterprise
If this sounds like an interesting job for you, then join our team in Cluj-Napoca, Romania!
In this role you will :
- Managerial responsibility of a team of specialist engineers.
- Participates in setting of goals and the evaluation of performance of individuals
- Provides day to day administrative management
- Works closely with the LAN Service Owner, Solution Architecture, internal customers and suppliers to maintain a wireless roadmap detailing a 1-4 year vision.
- Works closely with the LAN Service Owner to evaluate specific new service features, ensure these features are bundled into releases, designed, tested and documented such that they can be operated in a globally consistent manner
- Work with the ECNS PMO Lead to ensure all projects are appropriately planned, resources and executed
- Maintains the team resource plan, ensures it is current in Service Now and ensures work is appropriately planned and the correct expectations are set with our customers
- Responsible for ensuring relevant key performance metrics are captured to measure service reliability/performance and support capacity planning
- Work with ECNS Operations to ensure they can operate the service efficiently, on a consistent basis globally and striving to drive improvements and automation on a continual basis
- Work with acquisition onboarding team to evaluate existing wireless and how this can be migrated to the standard Emerson service securely
- Work closely with VMO and the vendor to ensure the service is current, meets business needs and is cost effective
- Work closely with Finance and the LAN Service Owner to understand current/future costs and maintain a cost model
Fourth Level Support
- Utilize the team to provide 4th level support to Operations for escalated issues and drives these to resolution
- Own all escalated issues and drive them to conclusion, coordinating with other service team managers as required. This includes providing regular updates to customers (Service Delivery Managers)
For this role you will need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a Related Field
- Management/Leadership experience
- Minimum of six years’ experience working in a large enterprise information technology environment. Working with multiple time zones essential
- A broad understanding of network technologies and the ability to learn/research areas that unfamiliar
- Excellent Communication and Teamwork skills
- Process discipline and documentation skills essential
- Advanced English language skills (verbal, reading, writing, understanding)
- ITIL v3 Foundation
WHO YOU ARE:
Are you passionate about the IT field? Are you curious to investigate and propose the best services? You continuously push yourself to achieve new goals and are not afraid to question the status quo by proposing creative solutions to problems.
Our Offer to You
By joining Emerson as an Wireless Lan Service Manager, you will be working at the heart of our business. This means that the skills and business insight gained can serve as an invaluable foundation toward developing your career within our global organization. To facilitate the job, Emerson has well-established procedures and tools.
Our on-boarding program uses a blended learning approach to get you up and running as quickly as possible. You benefit from Emerson certified trainers with extensive knowledge of our customers, products and applications.
Our global Women in Stem initiative gives you the opportunity to connect with local peers that share the same interest, to promote the diversity & inclusion and early STEM education and to benefit from professional development to access leadership opportunities. Also, we are committed to maintaining a partnership with the Society of Women Engineers (SWE).
Our inclusive company culture celebrates the unique perspectives, diversity of thoughts, and outstanding innovation that come to life when we actively seek to hire and develop the best, the brightest team members from all backgrounds. These unique points of view help cultivate fresh thinking and new ideas, ensuring our continued success into the future.