Xperi invents, develops and delivers technologies that enable extraordinary experiences. We make entertainment more entertaining, and smart devices smarter.
From the home to the car to everywhere in between, managing content and connections in a way that is smart, immersive, and personal is precisely what Xperi’s technologies do.
Our inventions are foundational to the global entertainment ecosystem and our products and data improve every aspect of the digital entertainment experience, from choice to consumption.
Xperi is looking to recruit an ML engineer to join our App Studio team , working on the development of leading edge ML technologies running on advanced edge AI devices, such as Ergo, Xperi’s new edge inference platform .
As part of the team you will:
- Develop innovative ML and Deep learning algorithms for Imaging and Multimedia applications running on advanced edge AI SOCs.
- Apply ML to real-world problems selecting, designing, optimizing, and deploying neural networks across a wide range of Imaging and Multimedia use cases
- Work with Data teams to establish the training and testing datasets
- Keep up to date with latest advances in machine/deep learning, both industry and academia
- Develop and submit invention disclosures
- Demonstrate a structured and detail-oriented approach and follow rigorous scientific and engineering methods
- Strong experience with applying ML & Deep learning to Imaging & Multimedia.
- Expertise in deep learning-based object detection, segmentation, tracking .
- Experience with image processing , camera sensors and CV technologies.
- A proven track record of conducting disciplined and productive R&D
- MSc degree in a relevant field or at least 2 years relevant industry experience in the development and productization of AI/ML technologies
- Familiarity with state-of-the-art ML, conversant in the latest ML developments, neural network architectures, and training and optimization methods
- Experience with deep learning development tools such as PyTorch, TensorFlow, Caffe
- Solid Python programming language skills
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- A strong drive to solve problems and disrupt the status quo
- Familiarity with version control systems, preferably Git and development methodologies such as Agile/Kanban
- Highly desirable
- Familiarity with optimising and deploying ML / Deep learning technologies on embedded ML accelerators
- PhD in a related field