ASSISTANT MANAGER, PRODUCTION PLANNING
Irving Shipbuilding, located at 3099 Barrington Street Halifax NS B3K 5M7, is part of the J.D. Irving Group of companies and is in the business of building quality ships and repairing vessels. The company's primary site is Halifax Shipyard, with three other locations in the Maritime Provinces. Irving Shipbuilding is currently working on a number of significant projects for the Department of National Defense and the Canadian Coast Guard. The company's commitment to health, safety and care for its employees and the environment is an integral part of its business.
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is currently recruiting for an Assistant Planning Manager. This is a permanent full-time staff roles based in Halifax, NS.
- Must be a current Team Leader (or equivalent position)
- Education Required: Associate’s Degree / CEGEP / Vocational or Technical Training or a minimum of 10 years shipbuilding planning experience
- Demonstrable leadership skills
- Strong understanding of planning fundamentals for shipbuilding programs including build strategy, detailed production planning, bill of material development and job package development for the shop floor
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
- Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule activities of Planners and Team Leads.
- Co-ordinate scheduled and unscheduled work activities with other units
- Recommend measures to improve productivity and product quality
- Train staff in job duties, safety procedures and company policies
- Prepare production and other reports
- Manage creation of job pack schedule in accordance with the integrated master schedule and work package schedule in Aveva
- Assign resources, to the skill level, based on allocated budgets, and norms
- Attend / conduct look-ahead meetings prior to job start with all players, to review, discuss, amend and approve job packs
- Interface with the warehousing team to proactively resolve any impending material kit issues
- Work closely with production control to feedback any updates/changes to the job to ensure accurate and timely monitoring and control
- Attend close out meetings to confirm each job is fully completed and obtain continuous improvement feedback for implementation
- Please apply / send your resume online