Business Intelligence Developer
Data Solutions for Capital Markets is comprised of Business Intelligence Products (BI), Corporate Data Warehouse (CDW) and Application Development (App Dev) teams. The team works as a collective to design and build valuable data solutions for Capital Markets business. The BI Products team is responsible for providing business intelligence data warehouse technical and reporting solutions for the Equity, Derivatives Markets and pan-European Equity Markets.
The success of the Business Intelligence team has been down to providing self-services BI with CDW as the core data source in a fast and effective manner. This has enabled the business to be hands on and allow them to analyse their data fast and give the BI team time to focus on adding value to the BI products within Data Solutions.
Key responsibilities of the role:
- Report into the BI Product Manager, the Business Intelligence Developer ‘s main responsibility is to assist the Business Intelligence Technical Lead and Product Manager with the design, development and maintenance of BusinessObjects, Tableau and Power BI dashboards, applications and reports.
- Align with and drive the team’s ethos - Lower the cost (Reduce and consolidate license and operational cost where possible), Speed-up the ‘time to gain’ (Speed up delivery to business analytical requirements), Power to the people! (Empower the business, self-serve) & target operational improvements (Focus on business operational improvements and automation).
- Work with the Business Analysts Team Lead, Java Developers, End Users, System level DBAs, Sys Admins and QA teams when appropriate.
- Responsible for delivering technical documents such as Technical Designs, Specifications, Users Guides and Solution Architecture Documentation.
- Design, Development and maintain Business Objects, Tableau and Power BI analytics system and some reports used in the Back-Office processing.
- Develop and support an enterprise product data warehouse and reporting environment, to provide accurate and insightful business intelligence that informs the business to make strategic and tactical decisions and provides individuals with the information they need to perform their roles more effectively.
- DevOps skills – Python and PowerShell – to administer, automate tasks and maintain the different BI tools and contents.
- Take shared responsibility for BO, Tableau and Power BI support, and development of administrative work in relation to:
o Equity and Derivatives Data warehouse functionalities (Oracle Server / PL/SQL)
o Develop and maintain underlying data sources in BO, Tableau and Power BI
o Develop and maintain a good coding standard of PL/SQL, Python & PowerShell
o Provide Power BI, Tableau and BO expertise and support to team members and the business
o Create improvements in existing systems to improve efficiencies
o Experience in BI technology and best practices in relation to OnPrem and cloud solutions is beneficial
o Provide daily support to business functions
Key behaviours and skills required to be successful in the role:
- 4 years’ experience with BusinessObjects, QlikView, Power BI, Power BI Report Builder, SSRS or Tableau
- Knowledge of SAP BusinessObjects 4.2 is a very desirable
- Advance level use of Business Intelligence tools for data analysis (e.g. BusinessObjects, Power BI, QlikView, Tableau or other Data Visualisation)
- Must have advanced knowledge of Business Objects Universe design / Datawarehouse concepts (Star schema, slowly changing dimensions)
- Maintenance of existing Business Objects reports, and the creation of new ones in line with business requirements
- Promote self-service BI via BO, Tableau and Power BI
- Provide administration on the BO, Tableau and Power BI such as set up a security model and patch upgrade regularly.
- 3+ years experiences with Oracle PL/SQL or MS SQL Server T-SQL
- 1+ years Python / PowerShell scripting will be advantageous
- Good understanding of Equity and Derivatives Trading
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving (Requirements analysis, documentation, specification, testing)
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office and Visio
- Proven assistance in the design and architecture of system and scenarios
- Excellent communication skills and engagement with Stakeholders (Business and Technical); both written and verbal
- Experience of the challenges and best practices of BI in OnPrem and Cloud environments
- Agile, Waterfall and full SDLC experience
- Extensive use of Jira/Scrum/Kanban in an Agile environment
We are looking for intellectually curious people, interested in the bigger picture of how technology industry is evolving, ready to ask difficult questions and deal with complicated scenarios. If you a forward thinker and problem solver, this is the place to be as will be supporting you to fast forward your career.
We maximise each employee’s potential through personal development through a wide range of learning tools both formal and informal. We believe in remunerating our people with competitive salaries and a range of attractive benefits such as:
- Pillar 3 Supplemental Pension
- 25 days’ holiday a year
- Private medical insurance
- Group life insurance policy
- Meal vouchers
- Share Purchase Plan
- Volunteering Days
People are at the heart of what we do and drive the success of our business. Our colleagues thrive personally and professionally through our shared values of Integrity, Partnership, Innovation and Excellence are at the core of our culture. We embrace diversity and actively seek to attract people with unique backgrounds and perspectives. We are always looking at ways to become more agile so we meet the needs of our teams and customers. We believe that an inclusive collaborative workplace is pivotal to our success and supports the potential and growth of all colleagues at LSEG.
A career with London Stock Exchange Group offers you the opportunity to be at the centre of the financial community. As well as competitive salaries and a range of attractive benefits, we maximise each employee’s potential through personal development plans, training, coaching and mentoring.