The Data Manager supports the implementation of processes for how data is produced and consumed by the data management team, including governance, architecture, and quality, in order to meet evolving business objectives and technology landscapes. The jobholder works with business and technology team members to support implementation of the data strategy for meeting specific business objectives. As a core member of the strategic insights team, they support the solution development in order to ensure the data requirements of business objectives are met with compliance, high quality, extensibility, and commercial success.
- Support the creation of physical data models that can be operationalised within the company’s workflows and infrastructure to ensure that data solutions meet business requirements
- Create conceptual and logical data models based on modern modeling and architecture standards
- Support the mapping of data flows between systems and workflows across the company to drive efficiency and ensure proper controls
- Support the implementation of efficient data ingestion solutions, batch processing, and event-based streams to enable real-time actions and rapid business decisions
- Connect datasets from different systems into a unified solution to deliver high-value data
- Monitor relevant SLIs and SLOs to support ownership of data solutions end-to-end
- Support the definition of quality requirements for data assets, based on standards for all data quality dimensions, to ensure design of high-quality data solutions
- Develop data validation solutions for validating values and schemas and use them to ensure data accuracy and reliability
- Implement solutions for monitoring, failure detection, and data availability and use them to ensure data timeliness and completeness"
- Build software applications by using the relevant development languages for the systems, services and tools used by the specific business area
- Ensure data timeliness based on business requirements by driving strategy and implementation of monitoring and failure detection
- Work with Technical and Business stakeholders to align product development with high quality data standards
- Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
- + 3 years of experience
- Beginner knowledge of data modeling methods (Relational, Dimensional)
- Intermediate knowledge of data quality requirements and implementation methodologies
- Intermediate knowledge of Data Management requirements based on best practices, e.g. DAMA-DMBOK
- Intermediate knowledge of one or more database querying languages or scripting tools, e.g. SQL, VBA, Python, R
- Intermediate knowledge of Data Modeling standards e.g. Kimball, Inmon, Dimensional, Data Vault
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- An opportunity to contribute to a high scale, complex, world renowned product and see the real time impact of your work on millions of travelers worldwide.
- Be part of a truly international fast paced environment and performance driven culture.
- Various opportunities to grow technically and personally via side projects, hackathons, conferences and your involvement in the community.
- Full relocation support for you and your family (if the case) to move to Amsterdam - one of the most cosmopolitan cities in Europe. We have fine-tuned this process by successfully relocating 300+ Technology professionals to Amsterdam in the last year alone!
- Headquarters located in one of the most dynamic cities in Europe: Amsterdam
- Performance-based company that offers 29 vacation days, career advancement, and lucrative compensation, including bonuses and stock potential
- Discount on Booking.com accommodations with the “Booking Deal” including other perks and benefits
- Company-sponsored family and social activities to help our employees become integrated with each other and Dutch culture
- Diverse and creative colleagues from every corner of the world
- Generous relocation package, ensuring a smooth transition to working and living in Amsterdam
- With over 70 different nationalities within the technology department alone, you will be able to absorb new skills and grow your career in a multicultural environment.
We value Diversity of all types and in an open, dynamic workplace. This has been a pillar at Booking.com since day one, and something we continue to strongly believe in and build today.
Booking.com is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We strive to move well beyond traditional equal opportunity and work to create an environment that allows everyone to thrive.
If your application is successful, your personal data may be used for a pre-employment screening check by a third party as permitted by applicable law. Depending on the vacancy and applicable law, a pre-employment screening may include employment history, education and other information (such as media information) that may be necessary for determining your qualifications and suitability for the open position at Booking.com.