What you need to know about the job
Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) advances the way people live and work. We bring together curious minds to create breakthrough technology solutions, helping our customers make their mark on the world.
Our business brings digital transformation expertise of over 30 years to telecommunications and media companies. We help communication service providers solve their most pressing business problems every day. We are driven to innovate, delivering solid solutions to an industry in constant transformation. We believe in the power of collaboration and building long term relationships with our telecommunication customers and partners.
Act – Innovate – Partner are the values we live by.
Sounds like you? Then we have the right opportunity—we are looking for a DevOps Engineer Intern to join us! Our engineers develop solutions using the latest technologies to ‘Make IT Simple’ for our customers. HPE is more than a hardware company, we are a global software development organization with a full suite of products ranging from an enterprise website getting millions of page views a week to a predictive analytics solution that can warn a customer of an issue before it happens.
Our internship program will consist of onboarding training, one-to-one coaching with buddy assignments and interaction with colleagues and interns in different countries across the region. You will have the chance to be involved in certain critical daily operations, and also to take part in long term projects. We are looking for interns who want to learn more about automation, in the increasingly important role which it plays in the IT landscape today. Those selected will join us on various projects and assist in areas such as: getting their hands' dirty writing code :), creating new solutions, taking part in technical presentations and training, and much more. Depending on the project, you will also come into contact with SCRUM (Agile) management methodologies or Waterfall.
We're looking for hands-on, technically curious individuals that want to grow their abilities as DevOps engineers in a large-scale, global development team with great opportunities to learn and develop. Piqued your interest? Apply today for this role!
The internship program will last 6 months, the start date being the 7th of June 2021.
How you’ll make your mark:
• By learning what DevOps is and work with some of the most common tools: Jira, Confluence, Git, Jenkins, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Docker, Rundeck, Nexus, SonarQube, etc
• By learning what CI/CD pipelines are and how things are done in practice
• By learning how to automate tasks and develop/improve scripts to be used for automation/monitoring/troubleshooting (in your preferred programming language: Python, Groovy, Perl, Shell, you name it :)
• By learning how to troubleshoot and solve problems when they arise
• By being part of a team of talented engineers which will mentor and offer you support and guidance
• You are enrolled in university and perusing a Bachelor's or Master's Degree, IT fields preferred but not mandatory. Final year preferred.
• You have basic Linux, networking and scripting knowledge
• You have a basic understanding database technologies ·
• You are open-minded and solution-oriented in your work
• You are a strong verbal and written communicator with the ability to work well in teams
• You have a strong desire to learn and improve yourself
What we can offer you:
Extensive benefits, a competitive salary and participation in the shared values and purpose that make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers! At HPE, our goal is to provide equal opportunities, flexible work-life balance, and constantly evolving career growth.
If you are looking for challenges in an exciting, supportive and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you.
Continue the conversation by clicking apply