We create smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. We design and manufacture a complete range of transportation systems, from high-speed trains to electric buses and driverless trains, as well as infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a truly global community of more than 36 300 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
Job title : EHS Responsible
Based at: Romania - Brasov
Alstom in Romania has been present for over 25 years employing today over 450 people. Alstom, registered major success in infrastructure, signaling and also services. The long term service agreement for the maintenance of the rolling stock of Metrorex is a major reference and shows the expertise of Alstom in this field. Alstom will continue to grow his business in Romania proposing further services for the local market and export, creating regional hub in Services and Signaling.
For the new Project Brasov-Sighisoara, we extend our team with expertise people.
The EHS Responsible performs, monitors and controls the Health and Safety at Work and Environment (EHS) activities from the Alstom work points / project where he/ she has responsibilities.
- Responsible for the implementation and keeping updated the integrated management system Environment-SSM-Energy (ISO14001-ISO45001-ISO50001) in the area of competence established by the Decision.
- Identify hazards and risk assessment for each component of the work system (performer, workload, way of production and work environment) for activities and workplaces in the area of responsibility.
- Identify and evaluate the environmental aspects generated by the activities within the project.
- Works in compliance with the measures provided in the annual EHS management documents: Prevention and protection plan / Environmental management program.
- Elaborate of own instructions for completing and / or applying te legal aspect from the safety and health regulations perspective based oncontractual requirements.
- Verify the suitability and applicability by all workers of the measures provided by the prevention and protection plan, of their own instructions, as well as of their own responsibilities in safety and health, established in their job description
- Elaborate the thematic for all the training phases, establishing, in writing, the periodicity of the adequate training for each job in its own instructions; ensure the information and training of the workers in safety and health at work and verifying the suitability and application by the workers of the information received
- Establish the areas that require safety and health signaling in the work; establish the type of signaling required and the location, according to the legal requirements.
- keep to date the record of the qualifications and jobs provided by the specific legislation, for which it is necessary to authorize their exercise.
- Internal controls at the work places.
- Identify the individual protective equipment required for the workstations in the company and prepare the PPE for the workers.
- Perfom EHS training for the new employees and subcontractors
- Monitor the activity of Subcontractors of services, and how they apply the Alstom requirements.
- Participates in the investigation of incidents and accidents at work.
- Responsible for collecting / documenting of employee improvement proposals and monitor the database with EHS Deviations.
- Responsible for completing the tasks communicated by the EHS Manager / EHS Management Representative.
Experience & Qualification:
- Upper Education, technical field
- Training course in safety and health field (duration of at least 80 hours).
- Training course in environmental field is a plus
- Minimum 1 year in the field of safety and health or environmental protection.
- Minimum 3 years of work in the industrial field, preferably the railway industry.
- Strong knowledge of the legal requirements of safety and health in work and environmental protection.
- Knowledge of English - basic level (preferably)
An agile, inclusive and responsible culture is the foundation of our company where diverse people are offered excellent opportunities to grow, learn and advance in their careers. We are committed to encouraging our employees to reach their full potential, while valuing and respecting them as individuals.