The Regional Institute of Oncology – Iasi, Romania, is looking for a senior researcher to serve as the ERA Chair in Nanomedicine to create and lead a team of researchers in the new research center - TRANSCEND.
Description of the job, documents and selection process:
The applicants should be active leading researchers, with significant research and leaderships achievements in the last 10 years.
The ideal ERA-Chair candidate should be an outstanding researcher with proven track record in line with the level of responsibility (i.e. R4), as follows:
- Track record of peer-reviewed publications;
- International experience in multidisciplinary research institutions;
- Capability of setting up a research laboratory, particularly for the development of nanomaterials;
- Competence to conduct high-quality nanomedicine-oriented research;
- Ability of attracting research funds from national and international sources;
- Ability to motivate researchers to produce and publish scientific research;
- Scientific reputation and international connections catalyzing the creation of network collaborations;
- Critical judgment in the identification and execution of research activities;
- Acts as a professional development role model for others;
- A proven creative approach towards inter-and multidisciplinarity;
- Referee and/or editor at leading journals in Nanomedicine, Chemistry, Nanomaterials, and related areas;
- Experience in nanomedicine for oncology and technology transfer will be a plus in the decision-making.
- Established Researchers (R3) are also invited to apply for the job under the condition to fulfill the conditions for R4 level.
- In Romania, R3 and R4 levels are equivalent to scientific researcher II (CSII) and scientific researcher I (CSI), respectively.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Set-up a and supervise her/his own research team recruited based on a merit-based process (6 - 8 Full time equivalent);
- Leading research and innovation activities in nanomedicine at TRANSCEND;
- Implement the necessary structural changes to achieve excellence on a sustainable basis;
- Interact with institutional, regional, national authorities, and international funding bodies, as well as other stakeholders to attract the corresponding infrastructure and/or research funds;
- Establish key academic and industrial collaborations at national and European level;
- Ensure the national and international visibility of TRANSCEND and IRO;
- Involvement in the development of the organizational structure for technology transfer;
- Preparation of a long-term development plan for the new laboratory.
Minimum documents required for the application:
- PhD degree in a relevant field for Nanomedicine (Chemistry/Chemical Engineering/Nanoscience/Pharmacology/Biochemistry and related) or its equivalent;
- Detailed CV;
- Summary of previous achievements and current scientific interests;
- List of scientific publications highlighting the role of main and/or corresponding author in leading journals in Nanomedicine, Chemistry, Nanomaterials, and related areas (3-5 representative publications to be attached);
- Bibliometric indicators: total number of citations and h-index;
- Invited talks at relevant international scientific meetings;
- Relevant national and/or international grants/projects where the candidate was the main investigator or project coordinator (those focused on the inter-/multidisciplinary approach will be a plus);
- Documents attesting the experience in management of laboratory/ department/ faculty/ research institute, research teams;
- Documents attesting the experience in mentoring activity;
- Contact information for three references.