All over the world, people's lives are better because of Oracle. Want to make a difference? Join our company of change-makers.
From Oracle to culinary school and back again. Bonnie Carlson Kaypaghian uses the skills she learned to create recipes for her daughter’s Type 1 Diabetes and has written a cookbook to share with the world.
Financial Services Global Business Unit Applications Support Engineer
The Financial Services Global Business Unit is actively engaged in the evolution of Oracle’s application cloud development and are looking for talented individuals who want to be involved in the exciting chapter of FSGBU support. We are actively engaged in evaluating and implementing new support processes and tools to help meet SaaS customer support requirements and provide first class support to both our cloud and on-prem customers
If you are a highly analytical, articulate thinker who enjoys team collaboration and want to contribute to a new way of supporting our customers, we want to hear form you. Contributors will work directly with customers to capture and understand their issues and document the progress of product solutions in our service request system. Team members will be active in defining and shaping technology and processes to improve our support delivery capabilities in the SaaS space. This is an excellent opportunity to learn and use technologies such as SR automation and other proactive initiatives to meet the needs of the support team’s goal to provide best of class support
- Providing real time responses to customer inquiries.
- Interact with our customers via the telephone, web and other electronic channels.
- Become a skilled engineer by working with a wide range of Oracle products.
- Research, re-create and test issues.
- Create knowledge notes for resolved issues.
- Act as a team member that contributes to solutions and customer satisfaction.
- Adapt to a fast paced and changing technical environment.
- Manage your time to effectively address all of your customers needs.
- Assist in providing regional coverage for FSGBU Insurance products
- Actively engage in collaboration and brainstorming with Support, Development and other internal cloud support teams
- Work with other lines of business in the Global Business Units to develop SaaS solutions
- Participate on various projects and initiative to support business processes
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Computer Science or Information Systems, or equivalent experience
- Ability to multi-task and work on many client issues at once
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Understanding of Cloud services
- Experience with deploying , configuring, and troubleshooting web applications on Tomcat, WebSphere and WebLogic
- Experience with Database backup and restoration activities (Oracle, DB2, SQL)
- Understanding of application-to-application communication interfaces utilizing web services architecture using XML, SOAP, and WSDL
- Knowledge of queuing message systems (JMS and WebSphere MQ)
- Competent understanding of UNIX, (AIX, SUN, LINUX), and Windows operating systems
- Familiar with batch processing logic and concepts
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve complex application and technical problems
- Knowledge of Programming / scripting (Java, C++) a plus
- Ability to grasp new and/or unfamiliar technologies quickly
- Understanding of Virtualization Technologies
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
As a member of the Support organization, your focus is to deliver post-sales support and solutions to the Oracle customer base while serving as an advocate for customer needs. This involves resolving post-sales non-technical customer inquiries via phone and electronic means, as well as, technical questions regarding the use of and troubleshooting for our Electronic Support Services. A primary point of contact for customers, you are responsible for facilitating customer relationships with Support and providing advice and assistance to internal Oracle employees on diverse customer situations and escalated issues.
As a Sr. Support Engineer, you will be the technical interface to customers, Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) and Value-Added Resellers (VARs) for resolution of problems related to the installation, recommended maintenance and use of Oracle products. Have an understanding of all Oracle products in their competencies and in-depth knowledge of several products and/or platforms. Also, you should be highly experienced in multiple platforms and be able to complete assigned duties with minimal direction from management. In this position, you will routinely act independently while researching and developing solutions to customer issues.
Job duties are varied and complex utilizing independent judgment. May have project lead role. 4 years experience with Core products or five years experience with Applications products and have a technical degree i.e., BS Computer Science/Management Information Systems/Science/ Engineering/Math/Physics/Chemistry with a 3.0 GPA OR (for Applications) proven professional/ technical experience, i.e., demonstrating an understanding of Applications at a functional and technical level (preferably Oracle)