Discover ING Tech
ING Tech is an international hub for technology & innovation, developing IT solutions across ING in areas such as Core Banking, Big Data, Financial Markets, Data Management, Touch Point Architecture and many more. By using the latest methodologies in software development, our fast growing team gathers more than 1000 tech enthusiasts who work for international projects that go beyond traditional banking.
Area of responsibility
TPA (T ouch P oint A rchitecture) is a strategic program that aims to provide a globally scalable banking platform by simplifying and standardizing our banking applications and creating a modularly built system.
As a senior DevOps engineer you will work in a squad with 5-7 other engineers that have similar skills as you. Together you are working on Touchpoint Platform Automation, which is a foundation to automate configuration of the Touchpoint Platform and plays nicely together with the deployment pipeline.
As an automation engineer you are not only concerned about the Platform Automation API, written in Java and Kotlin, but also how it integrates with other Touchpoint Platform components, written in other languages such as Go or Typescript. Your purpose is to increase Touchpoint Platform Automation adoption, and therefore you like creating pull requests for products owned by other squads.
- Deliver and operate high quality software for the Automation Framework components which is in the heart of the Touchpoint Platform
- Help onboarding new use cases for automation, outlining the Automation Framework architecture, answer questions, and help integrating new components in the Automation Framework.
- Excellent soft skills
- Experience with the Open Source way of working
- Capable of delivering both working code and a suitable set of automated tests
- High learning ability
- 5+ years of experience in Java. Experience in Kotlin and Go are nice to have.
- Good understanding of functional programming principles
- Understanding of working in a complex IT landscape such as ING
- Good understanding of software security issues, like the OWASP top 10