Your life at Ubi
As Level Artist at Ubisoft, you will be working together with the team at Massive Entertainment to create a new story-driven open-world video game set in the Star Wars galaxy. Our goal is to create a game and a story that bring both new and lifelong fans on an immersive and outstanding journey, which will stay with them for years to come.
You will take part in creating the vast Open Worlds in which our games take place. Building Open World Games brings forth challenges, and the ideal candidate is experienced in modeling & texturing, as well as in level art & lighting.
You should have a strong understanding of composition and architecture principles in order to create esthetic, functional, and immersive locations.
You are a click away to join a passionate team with excellent artistic & technical knowledge, all driven by the desire to design and develop innovative games that stand out for their quality.
Your main mission:
• Create environments in tight collaboration with Level Designers
• Determine the objects and layout compositions required and adjust the work according to the story and the gameplay
• Create 3D assets and textures in line with the project's artistic and technical direction
• Integrate assets and textures produced in the game engine
• Verify the quality of your work once imported into the game, and make improvements when necessary
• Understand and apply graphic principles
• Use artistic references to improve visuals
• Use specific project tools in order to achieve best results and meet deadlines
• Respond to and implement changes according to the received feedback
The professional value you bring:
• Experience in 3D modelling (high poly & low poly) alongside 2D graphic skills
• Experience with 3D Studio Max, Substance Painter, Z-Brush, Photoshop etc.
• Good notion of composition rules, proportions and a good eye for the detail
Nice to have:
• Knowledge of the technical constraints linked to real time, 3D engines and level editors is a plus
• Knowledge of other 2D-3D software is considered a plus
• Previous experience working in the gaming industry is considered a plus
The personal value you bring:
• Curiosity and a strong interest in the video game industry
• Team player, building good relationships and proactive
• Easily adaptable, able to fast learn technical constraints of platforms, engines and software
• Creative, with high standards
• Good knowledge of English
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises suchas Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves.
If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and
pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create