Crystal System is looking to extend its Oracle BI Technical team. Typical roles will involve working closely with clients as part of the Crystal team to deliver end-to-end Oracle BI solutions.
Our company is seeking an experienced Oracle Developer to join our IT Department. This person will have the primary responsibility of developing and supporting the existing Oracle E-Business application environment. This person will work closely with the Oracle project team and business users to analyze, design, develop test, document, and support business solutions toward meeting business requirements and goals. Business solutions include: reporting, interfaces, customization, extensions.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or proven work experience in Informatics area (Cybernetics, Economic Informatics, Mathematic-Informatics, Computer Science or related fields);
- 2+ years experience with aspects of the Oracle BI tools : EPM BI (HYPERION), Essbase;
- 2+ years SQL/PL-SQL experience;
- Experience working directly with end users;
- English language is mandatory and fluency in Italian is a major plus.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze current processes and recommend process improvements;
- Strong analytical and communication skills;
- Excellent planning and organizing skill, to support reaching objectives and finalizing activities within set deadlines and at the required level of quality;
- Flexibility and willingness to adapt to changes;
- Attention to details and focus on delivering quality work;
- Open to work with a variety of tools and technologies.
- Experience in working with both multidimensional and relational database (RDBMS) technologies to create application architecture;
- Proven SQL, PL/SQL skills to create forms, reports, interfaces, personalizations and workflows;
- Proficient in software documentation, from Design documents to User Procedures;
- Experience with application testing including the creation of test scripts and documenting test results;
- Big picture view, with ability to understand the details of business needs, processes, and information flows through the system;
- Troubleshoot technical and functional issues related to the Oracle Applications.
- Hands-on Implementation/Development and support experience with Hyperion Planning, ESSBASE;
- Experience in designing and developing Essbase solutions integrated with Data Warehouses on SQL Server or Oracle;
- Hyperion Planning (create outline, work with Hyperion meta data to structure dimensions, create rule sets, create data load rules, familiar with planning Unix hierarchies, fluent with calculation script, fluent with shell scripting including writing Max L, Unix operating systems, PRL, KSH script);
- Essbase (server side maintenance, familiarity with install/ updates, exposure with managing at the server level, calc script, load rules, report scripts, Knowledge to convert ESSBASE Add-in templates to Smart view); Experience with VBA would be considered a plus;
- Experience with any or all of the following considered a plus: ODI, OBIEE, Apex, BI Publisher.