The role exists to formulate and deliver an annual business plan (the budget) for the plant in line with longer term strategic objectives, and to meet agreed KPI targets by driving safety, operational performance and enabling profitable sales growth.
The plant has a turnover of €7m and employs 70 people.
- On top of safety/environmental responsibility the natureof the role involves applying leadership and management skills in the areas of customer service/commercial excellence, operational performance and innovation to ensure delivery of the key financial and other targets for the Plant.
- The scope of the role includes all operational activities associated with the management of the Plant in close co-operation with the BU operational management team.
Internal: Operations management team; BU management team; Key Account sales team; Market sales teams; Plant Management team; Plant co-workers, Co-worker representatives.
External: Customers; Suppliers; Local Authorities; Trade Bodies.
- Provide overall leadership for the plant as head of the site management team, setting an example for others, leading the management team, setting the business priorities, providing direction, settling disputes and encouraging teamwork, and driving business performance.
- Lead the evolution of the site, reorganise footprint, departments, to continuously increase performance, efficiency and profitability.
- Accountable for the management and performance of all plant functions – OHSE, HR/origination, commercial, planning, materials supply, production and OpEx, maintenance/reliability, technical and quality, material movement and logistics, security.
- Drive Safety and Outperformance culture.
- Develop the business to address the current business needs and future market opportunities, through:Formulation and agreement of the plant business plan (annual budget), in line with the overall strategic plan;Assuring a strong plant organization, developing talents and building an effective team; Playing a lead role in sponsoring new products / innovations and service innovations.Preparing, in liaison with the market sales team, capital expenditure cases to invest in new equipment.
- Achieve the objectives laid out in the business plan, which will include: OHSE targets for Lost Time Injuries Frequency Rate; Recordable Cases Frequency Rate; Near Misses FR; Behavioural Audits FRFinancial targets: EBIT; RoAFE; working capital.Volume growth / margin improvement within selected accounts, using Value Plus program, cross functional approach.Customer satisfaction targets based upon DIFOTIS (Delivery in full on time in spec) and Net Promoter Score for the plantProductivity improvement targets: Waste; Set Up times; OEE; throughputQuality improvement targets: net customer rejections; commercial complaintsCo-worker engagement: engagement survey scores.
- In liaison with the site Financial Controller, and acting also as the site HR Manager, ensure responsible and prudent stewardship of the business, operating at all times within Amcor Values, and Finance / HR policies.
- Ensure that positive relationships develop with key customers, both through the sales team and through direct contact via customer visits and site visits. Ensure any problems are resolved speedily and that regular feedback from customers is received and acted upon.
- Drive continuous improvement in productivity and quality, through employee involvement, changing methods and adoption of best practices, appropriate incentives, investment in new technology, corrective actions etc. Constantly adapt the organization to the business conditions in order to achieve the best possible business efficiency.
- Adopt Amcor talent management practices to ensure all co-workers are engaged and committed, well informed, suitably skilled, developed to meet their full potential, fairly rewarded, motivated, and that all HR practices on site comply with Amcor Flexibles HR policies.
- Ensure that where appropriate co-workers and their representatives are consulted over matters which affect them, and that agreements are reached on terms and conditions of employment which are subject to collective bargaining.
- Formal Qualifications And Experience
Plant GM is a demanding role which requires all-round business knowledge and managerial skills:
- Experience in an operational role in a manufacturing business (production unit or plant), packaging experience preferred.
- A total of 10 years’ experience in manufacturing, with minimum 5 years of managerial experience.
- Performance improvement experience and proven track record against manufacturing KPIs in a leadership role.
- Experience in leading P&L of the organization, very good understanding of manufacturing business financial management.
- Qualification in a technical / engineering discipline an advantage.
- Data rational profile; numerate, commercially and financially astute.
- Good communicator, inclusive and mature leader with excellent listening skills, high-performing teams building ability with energy and charisma.
- Strong organisational and planning abilities
- Must be self-reliant, full of initiative and able to make decisions.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Specific Skills And Abilities
- Strong negotiation, influencing, people management skills
- Customer focused – good business acumen and commercial approach
- Comprehensive Continuous Improvement skill set
ONE GREAT FUTURE
In August of 2018 it was announced that Amcor Flexibles and Bemis Company would combine to become the global leader in consumer packaging. This combination allows for a comprehensive global footprint with greater scale in all regions of the world. With a combined company history of more than 300 years, we continue to work collaboratively with our customers to make Amcor the clear choice for inspired packaging solutions. We appreciate your patience while we work to integrate our application and hiring process.
Amcor is a global leader in developing and producing responsible packaging for food, beverage, pharmaceutical, medical, home- and personal-care, and other products. Amcor works with leading companies around the world to protect their products and the people who rely on them, differentiate brands, and improve value chains through a range of flexible and rigid packaging, specialty cartons, closures, and services. The company is focused on making packaging that is increasingly light-weighted, recyclable and reusable, and made using a rising amount of recycled content. Around 50,000 Amcor people generate US$13 billion in sales from operations that span about 250 locations in 40-plus countries. NYSE: AMCR; ASX: AMC
I I I I
AMCOR FLEXIBLES EMEA
“With more than 61 plants in 22 countries , Amcor Flexibles Europe, Middle East and Africa (AFEMEA), a division of Amcor, is a market leader and the world's largest supplier of flexible packaging. We deliver innovative packaging solutions and provide enhanced quality products for the food, beverage, pharma, personal care, medical and industrial markets. Its award winning approach towards sustainability makes AFEMEA the preferred partner for customers looking for responsible packaging solutions.”