All over the world, people's lives are better because of Oracle. Want to make a difference? Join our company of change-makers.
From Oracle to culinary school and back again. Bonnie Carlson Kaypaghian uses the skills she learned to create recipes for her daughter’s Type 1 Diabetes and has written a cookbook to share with the world. #LifeatOracle
Principal Product Manager, OCI-21000A7PApplicants are required to read, write, and speak the following languages:English
We are making huge global investments to deliver an open, secure, reliable and transformative platform to help our customers through their generational shift to the cloud. To deliver on this transformation, we are seeking a Principal Product Manager. The ideal candidate is a technologist who works as a part of the product marketing team. They will work with a cross-functional team to ensure that the products that we bring to market are successful in a wide variety of customer engagements. They must be a technical expert and have the ability to clearly articulate the technical differentiators of a product and also work with the Product Management teams to continually improve the products.
Inside Oracle – we are a fast growing/fast moving engineering and product group focused on delivering Oracle’s next generation IaaS platform called Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI). We are on a mission to deliver a massively scalable, global cloud platform that is a hallmark of innovation, reliability and efficiency. OCI is present in multiple regions worldwide with 50+ services – just last year we shipped more than 350 features and services. You can read more about Oracle Cloud Infrastructure here, https://docs.cloud.oracle.com/iaas/Content/home.htm
Responsibilities include, but not limited to
· Create technical content on OCI services including technical deep-dive content as part of best practices, reference architectures, solution guides, hands on labs (HOLs) and demos
· Present at Oracle and third-party events on OCI services
· Collaborate cross-functionally with product managers, solution architects, marketing, and account teams to drive key Go-To-Market (GTM) initiatives
· Support product launch activities and assist with, conferences and technical sales training or channel partner training activities.
· Provide regular updates to Oracle technical seller teams as new features are launched at a very high velocity
· Deliver technical, hands on sessions to enterprise cloud architects, sales engineers and customers
· Be the subject matter expert on OCI services
· Identify and resolve issue and obstacle to successful customer adoption and usage for OCI services; close the loop by providing feedback to engineering and inbound PM teams
· Continually raise the bar on our delivery, tools and processes to deliver the best possible customer experience
· Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Technology or related field
· 4+ years of experience in product management for cloud infrastructure services or enterprise infrastructure software
· Strong knowledge of tools like Git and Terraform
· Good understanding of databases, NoSQL systems, storage and distributed persistence technologies
· Excellent written and verbal communications skills and ability to present to small and large audiences
· Experience in Cloud technologies and familiarity with competitive offerings
· Demonstrated ability to think strategically
· Influence product roadmap direction, features, and priorities
· Meticulous attention to detail
· Strong problem solving and negotiation skills to earn trust and influence others
The ideal candidate should have experience in a product development organization, broad technical knowledge, strong interpersonal/communication skills, and the ability to gauge organizational dynamics. This position is well suited for professionals looking to balance technical challenges with marketing and customer facing responsibilities.
You will be part of the OCI Technical Marketing team responsible for Technical Enablement. We are a group of solution architects and product managers who have a strong background in cloud infrastructure, networking, virtualization, cloud native services and Linux. Our team is responsible for enabling thousands of cloud architects, sales engineers and technical account managers at Oracle.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Lead a team that acts as the central resource and driving force for the design, process, manufacturing, test, quality and marketing of product(s) as they move from conception to distribution. Organize interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the project/product on schedule and within budget.
As a member of the product development division, you will specify, design and implement major changes to existing software architecture. Define project needs. Build and execute unit tests and unit test plans. Review integration and regression plans created by QA. Communicate with QA and porting engineering to ensure consistency, testability and portability across products in general.
Provide leadership and expertise in the development of new products/services/processes, frequently operating at the leading edge of technology. Recommends and justifies major changes to existing products/services/processes. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 8 or more years of software engineering or related experience.
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment screening process. This will involve identity and employment verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).
:Poland, Czech Republic
:Regular Employee Hire