Location: Bucharest, Romania
The people we all rely on to make the world go round – they rely on Thales. Thales rely on its employees to invent the future: right here, right now.
Present in Romania for over 40 years, Thales is expanding its presence in the country by growing its Digital capabilities and by developing a Group Engineering Competence Centre (ECC). Operating from Bucharest, Thales delivers solutions in a number of core businesses, from ground transportation, space and defence, to security and aeronautics.
Several professional opportunities have arisen. If you are looking for the solidity of a Global Group that is at the forefront of innovation, but with the agility of a human structure that tailors to the personal development of its employees and allows opportunities for evolution in an international environment, then this is the place for you!
Thales is a global technology leader for the Aerospace, Space, Transport, Defence, Digital Identity and Security markets. Thanks to its 80,000 employees in 68 countries, Thales recorded sales of €19 billion in 2018. With over 23,000 engineers and researchers, Thales has a unique capability to design and deploy equipment, systems and services to meet the most complex security requirements. Thales relies on its employees to invent the future: right here, right now.
Thales is expanding its presence in Romania and is growing its Digital potential, by developing a Group Engineering Competence Centre (ECC). Operating from Bucharest, Thales delivers solutions in a number of core businesses like: Ground Transportation, Space, Defence, Security and Aeronautics.
Python Software Developer
Thales Inner Source Software (TISS) is the use of open source software development best practices and the establishment of an open source-like culture within organizations. TISS aims to become a community for software reuse and collaborative software development at the group level.
As the engineer of the Thales Inner Source Stack, your responsibilities will be:
- At least 2 years of software development experience
- Experience in Python software development , Python scripting and software /services integration
- Curious, eager to learn new technologies
- Develop, build, test, deploy, run and operate in production
- Set and apply best practices (both development and operational best practices), code quality, security standard
- Good team spirit, team player, eager to collaborate
- Actively participate in SCRUM ceremonies
- BSc, Master’s degree, or experience in engineering, computer science or other technical related field.
- Knowledge of Azure Cloud
- Knowledge of GitLab or GitHub, Artifactory, SonarQube.
- Knowledge of open source/inner source
- Knowledge, interest and ability to learn other coding languages
- Ability to speak/write in English
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software.
- Manage project priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
- Develop along with the latest technologies available (Terraform, Ansible, GitLab CI/CD).
- Problem solve from design to delivery, ensuring pipelines deliver high-quality software as core services of Thales Digital Platform
- Get involved in the ops/infrastructure part
- Work on a stack offering several services in a SCRUM team
- Be part of a growing, open source/inner source community
- At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!