Your day to day:
The candidate will be responsible for performing a broad range of activities related to International Roaming within Vodafone.
- Technical implementation of the commercial business requirements regarding roaming services. Troubleshoot issues related to this tasks.
- Updating the internal database and systems
- Perform roaming audit on all relevant nodes, systems and tasks
- Keep the network updated according to the latest updates of the IR21s of the operators
- Offer support for incidents and escalated faults to First Line, Engineering Team, Local Markets or Commercial teams.
- Responsible for documentation and communication of technical issues and outcomes to team members and other teams involved
- Optimize the existing solutions and processes to increase efficiency and to meet the requirements of the business
- Ensure all work is carried out and documented in accordance with required standards, methods and procedures
With these activities, you will have a great impact on our business:
- Steering of Roaming activities - Perform daily and on demand tasks to configure the roaming traffic
- Audit activities - comparison of the information stored in network nodes and in different systems; detects the divergences between them, and proposes the correction to maintain the services aligned.
- Perform different tasks that need the configuration in the network and in other Vodafone systems (Romina, NGIMA, Salesforce)
- Supports new technologies and processes transferred within the team
- Documents temporary and permanent fixes for an issue. Actively involved in maintaining the internal repository up to date.
- Participates to internal or external courses/workshops to improve the knowledge
- Supports and is actively involved to automation process (by creating scrips, tools, apps)
- Offers feedback related to improvements of the BAU activities and internal procedures/processes.
- Execution of all activities within agreed SLA’s, maintaining high quality and performance standards
- Supports and implements new projects and processes; maintains and updates the internal repository; performs automations; collaborative working style
- Efficient communication within team, inter-department and management
With these skills, you are a great candidate:
- Network Operations tools, processes and practices
- A collaborative working style – communicate and work well in a team environment
- Advanced knowledge of English language (written and verbally)
- Good knowledge of roaming services (Steering of Roaming), principles and protocols
- Knowledge of signalling protocols and mobile network architecture
- Excellent verbal and written English language communications skills
- Mandatory telecom background. Preferably 3 years of experience working in Telecom (Roaming Engineer; IREG Tests; Core CS)
- Good knowledge of UNIX is a plus
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
Sounds like the perfect job? We’ve got even more to offer:
- In this pandemic period we have 100% work from home for your safety. After this pandemic period we have 2 days work from home per week!
- Medical and dental services
- Life insurance
- Dedicated employee phone subscription
- Special discounts for gyms and retailers
- Annual Company Bonus
- Ongoing Education – we continuously invest in you to ensure you have everything needed to excel on the job and enhance your skills
- You get to work with tried and trusted web-technology
- Getting in on the ground floor of and technology changing company
- Flexible Vacation – Take time off when you need it, we trust you!