The automotive industry is undergoing massive transformation – a digital transformation. Software, connectivity and cloud-connected services are redefining the driving experience. Here at Telenav, we’re proud and excited to be a part of this transformation. We started with in-car navigation and location-based services over a decade ago and are now enabling leading automotive companies like GM, Ford, Toyota and Mercedes to redefine the overall connected car digital experiences.
Telenav’s Automotive Business Unit is seeking a passionate visual designer to help define the next generation of in-car software experiences. As a Senior Designer in the Autos Design team you will help shape the future of in-vehicle software design and your work will be used by drivers of cars from the world’s top auto makers.
You will work closely with interaction designers, product managers and engineers to design and spec software that appears in center stack, instrument cluster, heads-up display as well as smart phones.
Telenav creates world-class integrated navigation systems and mobile companion apps for a rapidly expanding list of the top world’s top automakers. Our mission is nothing less than to make the world’s best in-car software systems.
- Set the visual design direction and standards for automotive software across the vehicle center stack, instrument cluster and heads-up displays.
- Create visual and animation systems in the brand of the automaker that can be flexibly applied to various type of screens through the use of grid systems and UI patterns.
- Collaborate with with interaction designers, product managers and engineers to create the world’s best in-vehicle navigation and communication systems
- Bring interactions to life with meaningful motion design
- Work closely with engineers to flawlessly implement the design
- Work with user researchers to identify areas for refinement
- 5+ years of experience designing visual systems for mobile phone and tablets
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or other studio-based design degree
- Experience in defining/building a comprehensive design system.
- Ability to create versatile, elegant user interface systems
- Exceptional ability in graphic design, typography, and user interface layouts
- Understanding of branding as it relates to user experience
- Stylistic breadth, attention to detail, and a balance of beauty, innovation and usability
- Understanding of interaction design patterns for mobile, desktop and web applications
- Expert-level proficiency of graphic design tools including Figma, Sketch, Protopie.
- A positive attitude, open mind, and a desire to collaborate and learn
- Interest in travel, foreign culture and languages a plus.