Amazon’s mission is to be earth’s most customer-centric company and this also applies when it comes to helping our own Amazon employees with their everyday IT Support needs. Our team is innovating for the Amazonian, making the interaction with IT Support as smooth as possible. We achieve this through multiple mechanisms which eliminate root causes altogether, automate issue resolution or point customers towards the optimal troubleshooting steps for their situation. We deliver the solutions plus the end-user content with instructions to help them self-serve. We employ machine learning solutions on multiple ends to understand our customer's behavior, predict customer's intent, deliver personalized content and automate issue resolution through chatbots.
As a software development engineer on our team you are expected to innovate and build through yourself and other. You are expected to be eager to learn a lot and to be comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment. You will apply the appropriate technologies and best practices to autonomously solve difficult problems. You will work with customers, stakeholders and peers to refine your ideas into pragmatic solutions with high operational excellence. You will contribute to the professional development of more junior colleagues, improving their technical knowledge and engineering practices.
· 3+ years of non-internship professional software development experience.
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design.
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· Good spoken and written English.
· Knowledge about full cycle of web development and underlying technologies.
· Experience with building and maintaining API's.
· Understanding of system design, distributed systems, serverless computing, cloud infrastructure, continuous integration, continuous delivery and DevOps.
· Experience mentoring junior software engineers.
· Knowledge and prior use of AWS services.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy/eu) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates. Amazon is committed to create a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability or age. European Commission – Equal Opportunities.