We're looking for a software engineer to bring onboard and help us solve our technical challenges building an innovative monitoring solution ()
We emphasize hands-on experience in relation to anything we've outlined below, so we welcome you to show us any personal or experimental projects you have worked on.
What you can expect:
- Learn new technologies, especially non-mainstream ones like Rust or Deno. Our application is in the early stages with many technical challenges ahead so expect lots of hands-on experimentation.
- Flexible hours. 4 days a week with Friday off so you have plenty of personal and family time. Work anytime you feel productive, but we have 2 mandatory "core hours" between 10-16 with the rest of the team.
- Our team is small so you get to participate in every phase of the building process and take ownership.
- We leverage many open-source projects and we intend to contribute back to the open-source community.
What we're looking for:
- Hands-on programming experience regardless of the programming language. We're looking for experience in developing non-trivial applications where programming techniques like modularization, abstraction, concurrency, backward / forward compatibility were used.
- Hands-on experience with web development (ie. HTML, CSS, templating engines, SPA apps).
- Basic Linux experience. Our development is on Linux or MacOS. No Windows, sorry.
- Basic network and internet architecture knowledge (ie. DNS, HTTP/1+2, IP routing).
- Basic SQL knowledge (especially PostgreSQL).
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbally. Good knowledge of English is mandatory. You can expect that our interviews will be in English for the most part.
Major plus to have (though optional):
- Experience with any of the following: Rust, Go, Elixir, Erlang.
- Experience in designing and implementing DSLs (Domain Specific Languages).
- Experience with PostgreSQL or MS-SQL.
- Experience with NoSQL databases, especially CouchDB, MongoDB, etc.
- Experience with TurboLinks or similar technologies; also helpful React, Angular, Vue.
- Linux experience, especially with CLI tools.
- Networking experience.
- IaaS cloud experience, especially AWS.
- Experience with major programming languages such as Python, Ruby, Java, etc.
- Knowledge of HTML & CSS (flexbox, SCSS/Less).
- Basic SQL or ORM knowledge.