We're looking for a software engineer to bring onboard and help us solve our technical challenges building an innovative monitoring solution (https://www.console9.com/).
We emphasize hands-on experience in relation to anything we've outlined below, so we welcome you to show us any personal or experimental projects you have worked on.
What you can expect:
- Learn new technologies, especially non-mainstream ones like Rust or Deno. Our application is in the early stages with many technical challenges ahead so expect lots of hands-on experimentation.
- Flexible hours. 4 days a week with Friday off so you have plenty of personal and family time. Work anytime you feel productive, but we have 2 mandatory "core hours" between 10-16 with the rest of the team.
- Our team is small so you get to participate in every phase of the building process and take ownership.
- We leverage many open-source projects and we intend to contribute back to the open-source community.
- What we're looking for:
- Hands-on programming experience regardless of the programming language. We're looking for experience in developing non-trivial applications where programming techniques like modularization, abstraction, concurrency, backward / forward compatibility were used.
- Hands-on experience with web development (ie. HTML, CSS, templating engines, SPA apps).
- Basic Linux experience. Our development is on Linux or MacOS. No Windows, sorry.
- Basic network and internet architecture knowledge (ie. DNS, HTTP/1+2, IP routing).
- Basic SQL knowledge (especially PostgreSQL).
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbally. Good knowledge of English is mandatory. You can expect that our interviews will be in English for the most part.
- Major plus to have (though optional):
- Experience with any of the following: Rust, Go, Elixir, Erlang.
- Experience in designing and implementing DSLs (Domain Specific Languages).
- Experience with PostgreSQL or MS-SQL.
- Experience with NoSQL databases, especially CouchDB, MongoDB, etc.
- Experience with TurboLinks or similar technologies; also helpful React, Angular, Vue.
- Linux experience, especially with CLI tools.
- Networking experience.
- IaaS cloud experience, especially AWS.
- Minimum expertise:
- Experience with major programming languages such as Python, Ruby, Java, etc.
- Knowledge of HTML & CSS (flexbox, SCSS/Less).
- Basic SQL or ORM knowledge.