At Booking.com, data drives our decisions. Technology is at our core. And innovation is everywhere. But our company is more than datasets, lines of code or A/B tests. We’re the thrill of the first night in a new place. The excitement of the next morning. The friends you make. The journeys you take. The sights you see. And the food you sample. Through our products, partners and people, we can empower everyone to experience the world.
With over 1.6 million room nights booked every day, Accommodation represents the largest share of our business to date. We are responsible for accommodation growth, with clear ownership of all marketing, product and supply related to accommodations. Our mission is to deliver the best customer experience and most varied selection of properties.
Given our scale and our mission to make it easy for everyone to experience the world, our technology all across the customer and partner journey needs to work flawlessly and needs to transition towards service oriented architecture to enable development teams to innovate faster across all our touchpoints. The type of technical challenges and quests you will face in the Accommodation unit range from revamping the way we handle the reservation and modification processes, improving and building new data services for our accommodation partners, to reshaping the way we onboard all types of partners at scale and many more.
Tech Product Manager role:
- You will oversee 1 or multiple technical products (services, APIs, frameworks, platforms) in the core of our accommodation business
- You will work directly with - and lead - tech/delivery teams teams and be a close stakeholder to the wider business
- You will support millions of travelers and partners everyday and support our company mission towards building the connected trip.
Based on your experience and skills we will assess your seniority level and also the best potential fit for one of the many roles in Booking.cm
- You work with engineering teams to design, and deliver software products and services
- You collaborate with stakeholders, product managers and engineering talent in the wider business to make sure your technical solutions meet the business needs and perform flawlessly at high scale
- You value the processes in the agile development, you look for constant improvements
- You communicate and influence through data, flexibility and consensus while seeking clarity from ambiguity
- 2+ years of experience managing an API-based product in the product manager role;
- 4+ years of hands-on experience building high-scale services and cloud-based products in the developer role;
- 5+ years of experience in SOA, high-scale services and systems engineering;
- Consistent successful track record of delivering large-scale, highly-available e-commerce software and services
- Proven ability to influence technology teams and multiple stakeholders using data, standards and the best practices
- Experience in new product/platform development & delivery in a complex environment; sizing-up business opportunities and translating them into a product
- Ability and drive to learn our infrastructure & technical foundations, system architecture and the technical direction of Booking.com
- Interpersonal skills focused on collaboration, building links and relationships within diverse engineering teams, across the organization.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and project management skills
- Fluent in the English language both spoken and written.
- Knowledge and experience in end-to-end solution delivery is a plus.
- Computer Science background or experience building technical products
This position is open to worldwide candidates. We provide assistance for you and your family with a generous relocation package, ensuring a smooth transition to working and living in Amsterdam. We have successfully relocated 300+ technology professionals to Amsterdam in the last year.
- Headquarters located in one of the most vibrant cities in Europe: Amsterdam
- Performance-based company that offers 26 vacation days, career advancement and lucrative compensation, including bonuses and stock potential.
- Training, hackathons and opportunities to travel and attend global conferences.
- Discount on Booking.com accommodations with the “Booking Deal” including other perks and benefits.
- Company sponsored family and social activities to help our employees become integrated with each other and Dutch culture.
- Diverse, unique colleagues from every corner of the world.
If your application is successful, your personal data may be used for a pre-employment screening check by a third party as permitted by applicable law. Depending on the vacancy and applicable law, a pre-employment screening may include employment history, education and other information (such as media information) that may be necessary for determining your qualifications and suitability for the open position at Booking.com.