All over the world, people's lives are better because of Oracle. Want to make a difference? Join our company of change-makers.
From Oracle to culinary school and back again. Bonnie Carlson Kaypaghian uses the skills she learned to create recipes for her daughter’s Type 1 Diabetes and has written a cookbook to share with the world. #LifeatOracle
Technical Support Engineer - OMC team-21000DA9Applicants are required to read, write, and speak the following languages:English
The Subject Matter Expert for Mobiles Apps and Web Services API serves a vital role in the success of customers who desire to integrate with Web Services API or Application Development tools for the Responsys Interact product. The position provides developer-to-developer support to answer source code level questions, to assist customers troubleshoot configuration and integration challenges, and to provide architectural guidance. The position offers an opportunity to work with many different technologies and architectures, to have a direct impact on customer success. The candidate must be able to work directly with customers in high-pressure situations; have strong analytic, organizational, time management, and communication skills; thrive in a team environment; and possess the willingness to do whatever it takes to achieve the highest level of customer satisfaction.
· Research and resolve customer facing issues related to Web Services API implementation and or application development code for push notification
· Provide Sample Code, SDK Kits, Best practices, knowledge base articles and implementation strategies
· Provide tier 3 support escalation services for the supported customer base
· Work with Support to troubleshoot issues and liaise with Production Support and Engineering as necessary to resolve issues.
· Maintain a detailed understanding of product architecture, technical components and application functionality
· Leverage your knowledge of the product to achieve subject matter expert status
· Ensure that the highest level of client satisfaction is achieved through prompt resolution of client issues
· Proven ability to mentor and display leadership and ownership of issues
· Set up and document troubleshooting procedures for new product features
· Responsible for creating knowledge base articles for both internal and customer facing solutions
· Provide on-going training to Support team members
· Provide tools to assist support teams in resolving issues more efficiently
· This position also requires participation in the on-call rotation
• Bachelor's degree in information technology, computer science, or a related field is a plus
• 5-7 years customer support experience for software applications
• 2-3 years of application development experience
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Outstanding interpersonal and telephone skills
• Proficiency writing and debugging SOAP and REST APIs
• Familiarity with Android studio and/or Xcode and mobile app development a plus
• Working knowledge of relational database management systems with the ability to write and debug SQL queries
• Basic working knowledge of Linux/Unix
• Strong problem solving skills
• Ability to function and thrive in a team environment with an appreciation of aggressive goals
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
As a member of the Support organization, your focus is to deliver post-sales support and solutions to the Oracle customer base while serving as an advocate for customer needs. This involves resolving post-sales non-technical customer inquiries via phone and electronic means, as well as, technical questions regarding the use of and troubleshooting for our Electronic Support Services. A primary point of contact for customers, you are responsible for facilitating customer relationships with Support and providing advice and assistance to internal Oracle employees on diverse customer situations and escalated issues.
As a Principal Support Engineer, you will offer strategic technical support to assure the highest level of customer satisfaction. A primary focus is to create/utilize automated technology and instrumentation to diagnose, document, and resolve/avoid customer issues. You are expected to be an expert member of the technical problem solving/problem avoidance team, routinely sought after to address extremely complex, critical customer issues. Services may be frequently provided by on-site customer visits.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. 7 years experience with Core products or eight years experience with Applications products, BS Computer Science/Management Information Systems/Science/ Engineering/Math/Physics/Chemistry with 3.0 GPA OR (for Applications) proven professional/ technical experience, i.e., demonstrating an understanding of Applications at a functional and technical level (preferably Oracle).
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment screening process. This will involve identity and employment verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).
:Regular Employee Hire