99 million. That’s how many lives our products touch. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
At Novartis, we are pioneers on the cell and gene therapy frontier, working at the edge of possibility with emerging tools to bring entirely new types of treatments to patients with devastating diseases, including genetic disorders and certain deadly cancers.
It is estimated that millions of people globally suffer from more than 10 000 rare diseases caused by mutations of single genes. For these patients, cell and gene therapies offer hope and potential cures for previously untreatable diseases and difficult-to-treat diseases across a wide array of medical fields.
We are reimagining medicine to power breakthrough innovation in cell and gene therapy.
Currently we are looking for Commercial Lead Cell & Gene Therapy to join Oncology Leadership Team.
Your remit will be to:
- Driving the country P&L growth of the Franchise in a quickly changing and highly competitive environment, and delivering targeted profit contribution for Cell and Gene Therapy Franchise. Develop, coordinate and implement a strategic business plan for certified CTL019 Centers including KOLs within the centers.
- Educate hospital administration on the value proposition of CTL019 to gain access at hospital/site. Onboard and certify key staff within the account including HCPs, transplant coordinators, pharmacy and reimbursement leads; coordinate apheresis and cell labs with apheresis team. Manage the day-to-day process within a site to ensure CTL019 is delivered efficiently to patients once they are identified.
- Responsible for developing overall strategy which may include account planning and tactical implementation for assigned CTL019 sites to create access, partnership opportunities to advance the business and pull through marketing initiatives
- Coordinate appropriate education of all key stakeholders in hospital and communicate the value of CTL019 to the treatment team
- Build key business relationships at all levels within CTL019 sites and with key influencers/decision-makers to ensure CTL019 access for patients
- Present approved economics data to relevant hospital stakeholders (if necessary) by coordinating with local market access team – subject to local approval
- Meet with the hospital leadership to discuss CTL019 financials and execute contract negotiations (if necessary) in coordination with local market access team
- Support legal team and apheresis team in the negotiation of legal quality, supply, and consent agreements
- Lead portions of initial site training including product profile, logistics, communication plan and product ordering by coordinating with regional onboarding team and regional apheresis team
- Work with hospital staff to ensure the CTL019 process is as effective and efficient as possible
- Support the center in optimizing care by creating added-value services for customers.
- Support local invoicing and revenue processes as applicable
- Provide cell status (e.g. viability, location) as requested by coordinating with the customer service center and Country Oncology Leadership Team
- Facilitate educational events with physicians
- Facilitate referrals and information sharing among Lymphoma centers and with the existing hematology lines
Bachelor’s Degree minimum
- Minimum of 7 years sales experience and/or leadership experience in healthcare
Required qualifications/ Experience in one of the following areas:
- Key account management
- Reimbursement management
- Medical device key sales/account management
- Sales management experience
- Medical or MSL manager experience
- Demonstrated ability to engage on deeply medical topics with confidence while balancing a commercial mindset
- Local knowledge of hospital system
- Conversational level of English preferred
- Native speaker in Romanian
- Demonstrated record of success in Oncology, Hematology, or Transplantation within an Academic Institutional setting, strongly preferred;
- Proven ability to establish and cultivate key customer relationships;
- Strong Strategic and Business Acumen skills with an entrepreneurial mindset;
- Strong negotiating skills;
- Proven ability to successfully execute a complex sales process and interact with medical and administrative officials at all levels and in large numbers;
- In depth knowledge of healthcare industry, environment and local payer landscape;
- High level or learning agility and people agility;
- High level of emotional intelligence to manage complex and difficult stakeholder situations;
- Collaborative mindset to manage interactions with regional onboarding, service teams, and to work locally with Hematology teams and medical teams;
- Ability to take measured risks and to learn from them with a tolerance for failure;
- Ability to drive decisions in a quick and nimble way within high technology environments;
- Able to operate in ambiguity and to adapt to change while developing new solutions, through strong problem solving skills;
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written & presentation skills), computer skills;
- Demonstrated ability to be creative / think “outside-the-box”;
- Up to 60%-80% travel within a defined geography (travel will vary by geography).