Job Description :
Diageo was created in 1997 but its business is built on the principles and foundations laid years before by giants of the industry – Arthur Guinness, John Walker, Elizabeth Cumming and many more. Today, Diageo is a world class leader in beverage alcohol, producing an outstanding collection of over 200 brands and owning the top two largest spirit brands in the world, Johnnie Walker and Smirnoff and 20 of the world’s top 100 spirit brands. Its portfolio also includes Crown Royal, J&B, Buchanan’s and Windsor Whiskies, Cîroc and Ketel One vodkas, Captain Morgan, Baileys, Don Julio, Tanqueray and Guinness.
Diageo has built a strong platform for growth – through investment in its own brands, and by acquisition to broaden the geographical footprint and category depth and range. The company’s strong local business units are well-positioned to win in increasingly competitive and fast-paced environments. Diageo’s portfolio is well-diversified across price-tiers, enabling it to participate where consumer opportunity is greatest, and to capture shifts in consumer preference.
Diageo's culture is built and maintained by the five values that underpin its business and guide how Diageo works. At Diageo, employees are passionate about its customers and consumers and want to be the best. They give each other the freedom to succeed and value each other. Employees work hard so they can be proud of what they do and how they do it. While Diageo moves at pace, constantly evolving and improving, its values remain consistent. Diageo wants that employees live these values every day, everywhere so that Diageo can be proud of what they do and be the best that they can be.
More about Diageo is available at its web site:
Diageo invest significantly in direct to consumer brands building but we must partner with our customers to influence the point of purchase activation, and this is where the vast majority of our A&P investment sits. Most shoppers and consumers buy from a repertoire of brands and their behaviour can be easily influence by what they see or don’t see at the point of purchase. It is the role of the Customer Activation team to work closely with our customer team to understand the needs of shoppers and customers and then collaborate with the shopper marketing team to create the programmes and tools that guarantee amazing execution of our brands at the point of purchase. The Customer Activation team will then work directly with customers, supply and agencies to project manage perfect execution of the commercial calendar. In some cases, this will inform tailoring and adapting our programmes and tools to meet the specific needs of strategically important customers to enable them to differentiate their offer.
As a Customer Activation Executive, you will sit right at the heart of business supporting & working as business partners with our sales teams to ensure they have all the insight, growth drivers & tools they need to deliver brilliant execution of Diageo’s commercial plan to shift consumer & shopper behavior to achieve Diageo’s financial and market share ambition.
This role has direct responsibility for all activation within your customer & brand alignment (to be inserted). You will be working with field, national & wholesale commercial teams and alongside the Shopper Marketing brand teams to deliver best in class activation.
- To build a 30-60-90 rolling activation plan for our key brands & customer.
- To project manage the implementation of all the key platforms & activations within your customer alignment.
- To be the activation lead from a channel & customer lenses for your brand. alignment.
- To develop and execute shopper marketing activities that make our brands show up brilliantly to customers & consumers.
- Project manage the perfect delivery of all assets and tools to deliver great activation for key brands and customers.
- Manage activation agencies to develop and execute great execution of shopper marketing programme.
- Set activation KPIs for all shopper marketing activation, monitor and course correct.
- Efficient manage of the budget for point of purchase activation.
- To conduct activity M&E to ensure we are constantly improving our plans to drive greater ROI.
Ideal experiences / Qualifications / capabilities
- 3 to 5 years Internal or external experience as Sales or Marketing Executive equivalent.
- Project Management, Analytical and core selling skills.
- Time management & prioritisation skills.
- Can build powerful relationships and work collaboratively within a team.
- Problem solver & solution-based team player who can deal with ambiguity & adapt quickly.
Diageo Leadership Standards
Win through Execution
- Sets and pursues direction without guidance and takes a wide view of their accountabilities.
- High energy and ambition to achieve successful outcomes and high standards
- Balances analysis and execution and adjusts thinking in the face of new information.
- Actively spots opportunities or issues and identifies which are urgent and important.
- Generates a range of workable solutions, decides what should be done and takes action.
Shape the Future
- Sees the big picture and possibility from multiple angles and through a creative lens
- Frames issues in a way that creates clarity and incorporates others' best thinking
- Accurately digests large amounts of information and breaks down complex problems thoroughly
- Challenges themselves and others to take on new or unfamiliar tasks and ways of working
Inspire through Purpose
- Finds broader meaning in their work and aspires to make a significant difference
- Reads their environment and understands how culture and context influences people's perspectives
- Is actively aware of the impact they have on others and tunes in to the needs of individuals around them
- Communicates in a compelling, persuasive and impactful way
- Draws on a variety of influencing styles to engage different audiences
Invest in Talent
- Displays confidence in their ability to meet challenges and succeed
- Maintains belief and optimism and bounces back quickly from setbacks or failures
- Demonstrates a realistic and thoughtful awareness of their own capabilities
- Proactively seeks feedback and development for growth and takes action
Worker Type :