Manager, Media Planning & Buying – Turnkey Campaigns-20000RU5Applicants are required to read, write, and speak the following languages:English
Manager, Media Planning & Buying – Turnkey Campaigns
About the Role
We are in the process of in-housing paid media globally; and are looking for a Manager to join our new digital advertising team. Strategically, we focus on a handful of key global campaigns, but we have many marketers in niche lines of business who need to run small, tactical campaigns, quickly. Out of the 417 campaign briefs received since January, 71% had a budget between $10K and $20K.
Your role is to help manage and execute these high volume, fast turnaround media buys. Your team will build a two-tier service model to enable both self-service media buys – where marketers book with their preferred partners; but also act as advisers and gatekeepers. You will monitor spend, ROI and business value, prevent duplication of effort and identify opportunities for tactical buys to roll up under strategic campaigns; as well as offer more strategic support where needed.
The scope is global and spans all media channels with the emphasis on digital display, social and content syndication. Your team will be responsible for creating appropriate processes and budget management controls, providing guidance and training while building best practice playbooks. The ideal candidate is a smart and passionate professional with experience of the full media planning/buying process – including negotiation and finance processes. Someone who is a team player & problem-solver who wants to be part of a growing and innovative team. You’ll need strong project management skills and thrive in a deadline-oriented environment.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Help implement and manage a two-tier structure
- Collaborate with line of business/regions and act in an advisory capacity for their advertising requests
- Plan, buy and manage end-to-end tactical media campaigns
- Responsible for ensuring good governance and assessing ROI potential for campaigns
- Setting and agreeing agile SLAs with stakeholders
- Own relationships with media publishers and liaise with global procurement teams for contracting
- Build and keep records of relevant media publishers and their capabilities
- Consult with budget owners on developing measurable media goals aligned to their overall campaign goals
- Educate Oracle’s marketing stakeholders on targeting and media capabilities
- Advise marketing stakeholders on correct media tracking set up
- Monitor overall media performance to evaluate campaign effectiveness, share reports with internal stakeholders and recommend adjustments
- Stay ahead of industry standards and trends, pilot new media programs and innovative opportunities to reach targets and always be testing
- The team will also be responsible for executing the activities and actions required to make these digital advertising programs a success
- 2 to 5 years of experience in planning and executing media in these areas: Paid Social, Paid Search, Content Syndication, Programmatic and ABM marketing
- Ability to negotiate direct media buys
- Ability to research, find and evaluate niche partners globally
- Experience with lead management platforms preferred
- Experience with B2B brands, ideally SaaS or Tech companies
- Experience establishing media metrics/KPIs, performing data analysis to improve results
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written skills; ability to knowledgeably and effectively communicate rationale
- Passion for and experience with using emerging technologies
- Multi-tasker who juggles multiple deadlines and deliverables
- Collaborative personality that thrives in a highly cross functional, cross-cultural environment
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Skilled at working through process considerations to get the job done
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Responsible for digital marketing of products or services in support of Oracle's demand generation strategy using tools to optimize marketing strategies and enhance the customer experience with new technology platforms and innovations.
Responsible for digital marketing activities to optimize the online user experience, increase marketing effectiveness. Executes online marketing programs such as search optimization (paid and natural search), affiliated marketing, social marketing, and viral marketing to create buzz and inbound demand responses. Drive traffic which ultimately generates sales pipeline. Translates ideas used in demand generation into promotional marketing campaigns and advertising personas. Ensures localized content is leveraged for all digital marketing channels including, web, social, paid advertising and outbound emails Conducts analysis for programs effectiveness and uses the findings for market site enhancements and to leverage optimization of all digital programs. Collects and analyzes digital/internet/website/mobile data and statistics which monitor and measure the performance of digital traffic and activities to support marketing and campaign optimization, lead generation for sales, product and engineering teams for continuous improvements to product and data driven decision making. Applies statistics-based market intelligence to business issues and formulates recommendations on optimizing the user experience and help drive business outcomes. Monitors and analyzes site performance and reviews tracking metrics to provide solutions to increase search engine ranking and creating marketing personas/audience profiles. Researches and evaluates new technology trends and identifies new optimization opportunities.
Job duties are varied and complex utilizing independent judgment. May have project lead role. 5+ years related experience. BA/BS degree or equivalent. Proficiency in web analytics applications, strong database skills and technical understanding of website architecture and mobile platforms.