All over the world, people's lives are better because of Oracle. Want to make a difference? Join our company of change-makers.
From Oracle to culinary school and back again. Bonnie Carlson Kaypaghian uses the skills she learned to create recipes for her daughter’s Type 1 Diabetes and has written a cookbook to share with the world.
PRODUCT MARKETER – Oracle Utilities
Around the world, Oracle is proud to support utilities – the stewards of some of the world’s most precious resources. Our products have helped consumers save over $2B on their energy bills, support countries as they meet global CO2 reduction mandates, and help utilities get the lights back on and keep customers safe after major storms. We need a storyteller to join our team and help us continue to broadcast these successes.
We are seeking a Product Marketer to join our team as one of the team’s go to content creator focused on product and thought leadership content. The role will be responsible for crafting compelling stories and developing beautiful sales content for EMEA distribution and retailers companies and cover our software solutions across grid/network and customer service & operations areas. This product marketer will help transform our sales teams into storytellers, ensuring our messaging, value propositions, and sales materials continue to resonate strongly with utility clients around the world.
- Solution Messaging/Positioning:
Develop and implement high impact and differentiated solution positioning and messaging.
- Content Creation:
Work alongside solution SMEs to develop and deliver high-impact repeatable sales tools such as collateral, presentations, customer stories, blogs, competitive positioning, etc.
- Sales Training:
Develop and deliver key sales training materials covering industry trends, value proposition, and competitive positioning.
- Subject Matter Expertise:
Serve as a subject matter expert on content development and storytelling
- Buying/Sales Cycle:
Align sales and marketing content to the buyer’s journey
- You’re high-horsepower and creative in your thinking; you have an ability to distill complex ideas in succinct and compelling ways, and communicate them verbally or through strong written communication
- You are a skilled presenter with experience presenting to senior managers
- You are a pragmatic and practical self-starter; an outcomes-oriented person who can juggle multiple workstreams, loves to problem-solve and can efficiently drive a collaborative process
- You thrive on challenge, and take pride in being an excellent teammate
- You are willing to travel to support our sales team and clients (typically once per month)
- You have experience or exposure to the water, gas and/or electric industries, energy or clean tech sectors, and you are passionate about the future of energy efficiency and the utility industry
- You have 3+ years of relevant experience, and a bachelor's degree
Strongest candidates can also say any of the following:
- You’ve done product marketing at a software firm
- You have experience with web or customer experience software
- You've done B2B marketing campaigns and created materials to equip sales teams to sell technology products
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Development and implementation of business plans, marketing strategy, and forecasts for a product/service or vertical market.
As a product analyst you will participate in every stage of the product life cycle to ensure product meets the needs of users. Drive the implementation of programs in support of the marketing strategy, business plans, and forecasts for assigned product lines. Maintains current status of customer specifications for existing and future products. Identify, evaluate, and recommend marketing opportunities in support of product line objectives. Drive product functionality delivering high quality product documentation. Lead products through scheduled release assisting others to manage commitments and resources. Measure and report progress and review deliverables.
Duties and tasks are standard with some variation. Completes own role largely independently within defined policies and procedures. Demonstrated product/project management experience. Excellent written and verbal communication. Demonstrated product/project management experience. Thrives in fast paced environment Team player. Experience using or implementing Oracle, SAP, or Peoplesoft applications. Practical experience using the Internet. 2 years generalist experience and BA/BS degree in marketing or technical major preferred.
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment screening process. This will involve identity and employment verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).