Senior Payroll Specialist - Dutch market
Booking.com International BV is looking for an enthusiastic, data -driven and service-minded Senior Payroll Specialist to join our international HR team at our head office in Amsterdam. Our HR Services team is responsible for payroll, information, administration and compensation & benefits.
In this position you will be part of the Dutch Payroll team, consisting of 3 Payroll Specialist, 1 Senior Payroll Specialist and a Payroll Manager, responsible for preparation and processing payroll in house for nearly 5500 colleagues/10 entities. As a senior payroll specialist you ensure the highest standard of payroll services, meaning accurate processing and recording of company’s payroll, provide timely and accurate financial information within a global and dynamic environment. Acting as a typically "technical working supervisor" who spends more than 60% of time performing payroll processing, checking and related activities. And spends an average of 40% of time planning, coordinating, supervising and advising on payroll related matters and activities.
To be successful in this role, you will need to demonstrate the ability to work independently as well as be a strong contributor within our internal account teams. Interpersonal skills, good communication and the proven ability to work accurately with tight deadlines and a strong focus on results are a must. Our employees are some of the best and brightest, working with them will be both challenging and rewarding. So, if you can do it all with a smile and a great attitude that is a huge plus.
This is a full-time position based at our Headquarters and in this position you’ll report to the Regional Manager Payroll NL.
- Be responsible for, and contribute in, the maintenance and preparation of in-house payroll for all functions, including senior management, based in The Netherlands
- Initiate, plan, execute and check the payroll process with accurate, timely and consistent results
- Advice and support on and ensure compliance with relevant Dutch legislation, company policy and SOX requirements
- Leading in Payroll NL projects to maintain a scalable and compliant payroll environment with the aim to support HR/People and business objectives
- Take ownership and represent the payroll function during ongoing HR/Finance/Business/Third parties projects/meetings
- Support on and process cross-border payroll administration, equity administration and year-end/start activities
- Manage payroll workload to meet operational (excellence) requirements & prepare monthly payroll reconciliations, journal and accrual reports;
- Manage relationships with various third parties such as tax office, pension provider, debt collector
- Develop ad hoc financial and operational reporting as needed
- 5+ years of experience in Dutch Payroll & Dutch legislation, preferably within an international environment
- Payroll education (VPS) is preferred
- An advanced level of Excel knowledge is required
- Experience with SAP and Workday is a plus
- Able to advise on Dutch tax and labor law, related to employee benefits and compensations
- Up-to-date knowledge on wage tax, pension, social security and other employment laws/regulations (labor law)
- Experience working within a SOX environment & cross-border payroll matters
- Experience in managing internal and external stakeholders such as other HR functions, employees, and third parties
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral in English
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced working environment
- Ability to take ownership of parts in the payroll processes
- Problem solving mindset, positive and constructive attitude
If your application is successful, your personal data may be used for a pre-employment screening check by a third party as permitted by applicable law. Depending on the vacancy and applicable law, a pre-employment screening may include employment history, education and other information (such as media information) that may be necessary for determining your qualifications and suitability for the open position at Booking.com.