Discover ING Tech
ING TECH is an international hub for technology & innovation, developing IT solutions across ING in areas such as Core Banking, Big Data, Financial Markets, Data Management, Touch Point Architecture and many more. By using the latest methodologies in software development, our fast growing team gathers more than 1000 tech enthusiasts who work for international projects that go beyond traditional banking.
Keeping ING safe, secure and compliant is a top priority of the ING Think Forward Global Strategy. It’s part of who we are: integrity is at the heart of our Orange Code – the ING values and behaviours. Know your customer (KYC) is the first step towards a safe and compliant bank. It ensures we only do business with people and companies we have verified as being trustworthy. This includes carrying out customer due diligence checks, updating customer files, screening customers and transactions, monitoring transactions and reporting suspicious activities.
The Global Know Your Customer organisation is a first line department providing the ING business and functions guidance with standardised solutions in the area of various KYC related regulations (on process, control, and digital solutions, etc.) as well as support to realize operational excellence.
We are looking for a team lead (chapter lead) of business data analyst who will be part of this global organization, but work from Bucharest, joining forces with the rest of the 1000+ colleagues here who work on different strategic ING initiatives.
Together with his or her team, he/she will be involved with the development of state of the art solutions on socially relevant topics such as Anti-Money Laundering, Counter Terrorism Financing, Fraud, Sanctions and their global implementation across 20+ countries, affecting 36 million ING customers.
Through this we will be able to deliver our customers an optimal KYC experience whilst remaining compliant and in control of our risks and processes on a global scale. You will be in contact with market leading vendors and thought leaders in their respective domains. As such, you will be working with many colleagues from different disciplines, geographies and backgrounds.
As a Business Data Analyst you will analyze data (using data tools: R, SQL, Python) from +20 countries which will be consuming multiple GKYC services (eg. Transaction Monitoring, Customer Due Diligence, Customer Screening) and will also communicate in the appropriate level with relevant business/technical stakeholders from these countries. You will also have to support the definition and follow up on the milestones of Data Roadmaps related to these countries. To ensure that the data of our ING customers is efficiently handled, the data analyst defines and ensures that the requirements and controls are in place to guarantee that the right data with the right quality out of 20+ countries is available to the different KYC applications.
As Team (Chapter) Lead, you will manage and coach the team of business data analysts working in the global organization as you, but focusing perhaps on different stakeholders from different countries. The objectives below are applicable to you:
- Empower others and show empathy
Showing others on your team you trust their judgment, sometimes even showing you know they have more expertise than you do, and that you’re comfortable with that. It’s giving people the opportunity to make decisions for themselves, and showing you believe they’re making the right decisions, so they no longer feel the need to seek approval from leadership. The responsibility and ownership are transferred from the leader to those around them, who are actually doing the job
- Way of working
Help the team to improve performance by learning form mistakes and also find ways to bring lessons learned by other teams to your chapter.
Work with stakeholders from different squads to understand and be able to help the team set-up their individual KPI’s and determine the way of working for the chapter.
Review and approve KPI, Orange Code and Stretch Ambitions for the chapter members.
Initiate changes to increase the team’s productivity.
- Coach the team and encourage continuous improvement
act as performance coach for the team to continuously improve their knowledge and performance.
- Hiring & Onboarding new people
- Giving & receiving feedback
Next to this:
- You help ING prevent Money Laundering and Financial Crimes globally;
- You solve complex IT problems and challenges;
- You analyse business requirements for the development of products and services in the KYC scope;
- You are always looking to optimize and automate processes and data, knowing how to include quality by design;
- You simplify solutions and processes in a complex and fragmented IT landscape and tell the story clearly to various international stakeholders;
- You stimulate cross-border interaction and alignment between people, Tribes, Squads, Chapters, FO organisations, Local KYC activities and Service organisations;
- You ensure compliance with ING’s policies and standards;
- You refine stories in a straightforward and executional way to optimize velocity;
- You give and ask for constructive feedback;
- You build the bridge between business and IT.
Whom are we looking for?
- You have a master or bachelor degree (IT, Engineering, Maths or Economics/Business ) is a plus;
- You have a minimum of 3+ years of working experience in IT process and/or tooling implementation (Consulting experience is a big plus);
- You encourage people to achieve real personal development
- You have the capacity to learn new content quickly and transfer it
- You actively seek help and feedback but are also not afraid to give feedback
- You have experience in guiding and realizing regulatory/processes changes and translating regulatory requirements into functional designs and/or processes (experience within the areas of Financial Economic Crime, Anti Money Laundering or Compliance is a plus);
- You are an energetic & approachable professional;
- You focus on delivery through collaboration, ability to bring people together to work towards the same purpose
- You take responsibility, steer strategy and realizations based on facts and data, managerial courage to ask questions and make decisions
- You can easily “switch context” – so you are able to drive multiple (and distinct) topics during the day within an Agile environment where change is constant;
- You are a strong analytical and abstract thinker;
- You have strong communication, presentation, networking and influencing skills;
- You are fluent in English (speaking and writing)
- You share and adhere to the ING values of honesty, prudence and responsibility