Application DBA Cloud Specialist - JD Edwards-20000R2OApplicants are required to read, write, and speak the following languages:English
As an Application DBA Cloud Specialist within the EMEA Technology Engineering HUB (Tech Hub), your goal is to support Oracle customers in EMEA in activities such as:
- Developing proof of concepts/custom demos and supporting customers in shifting their application workloads to the Oracle Cloud
- Responding to tenders by providing commercially savvy answers to solution/product questions posed by customers to aid their selection of new products/solutions
- Running Worshops to advise customers and partners on how to best use Oracle products
- Researching and learning Emerging Technology and Processes
A significant portion of your time will also be used to stay up to date on the latest product releases and Oracle’s cloud strategy. This is done through self-study, online training, and classroom trainings depending on the topic.
In Oracle Tech Hub we believe it’s very important that the candidate has the characteristics to easily develop the right mindset for the job. This would mean that you feel responsible for making sure that the customer embraces the benefits of our solutions, based on your understanding of the real business needs of that customer. For the Tech Hub, we are looking for individuals who are willing to take on the challenge of building excellent product knowledge and to combine this with a good commercial sense, clear communication while working in an international environment.
The JOB PROFILE:
To fulfill the role of an Application DBA Cloud Specialist, we are looking for individuals that match the following profile:
- Extensive experience in System Administration/ Application Administration / Database Administration of JD Edwards environments
- Good understanding of the following areas: Oracle Database Administration Oracle JD Edwards Architecture Experience with either Real Application Clusters (RAC), Active Data Guard (ADG), Clusterware/Grid, Diagnostics and Tuning, Enterprise Manager Experience with Oracle SQL Engineered Systems (Exadata) knowledge is a strong plus Experience in Database Consolidation is a strong plus Experience with E-Business Suite or Siebel Applications is a strong plus Good understanding of Oracle Database Options is a strong plus
- Networking knowledge
- Experience managing Unix-like operating Systems. Linux & shell scripting experience is a strong plus.
- Cloud Infrastructure and Platform Experience is a strong plus
- Competitive knowledge on cloud products and offerings is desired
- Good English communication skills, both oral and written! You are able to not only understand complex technologies but also to explain to others in clear and simple terms. You can articulate key messages very clearly.
- Proactive approach to the job working with virtual teams and interacting with people across the organization
- Excellent presentation skills with a creative approach
- Openness to work with different regions & cultures (you will support most of the countries in Europe, Middle East & Africa)
- Results orientation, you won’t be satisfied until the job is done with the right quality!
- Ability to work in (virtual) teams. To get a specific job done often requires working together with many colleagues spread out in different countries
- Self-motivated , quickly adapting to change, you have the natural drive to learn and pick up new challenges
It’s important you have the eagerness to learn! Oracle has an incredibly broad (and growing) portfolio of industry leading products. If you find it interesting and fun to pick up a new product and master these in a very short timeframe, this is the place to be.
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Provides direction and specialist knowledge in applying the technology/application to client business. Facilitation of customer product/application understanding through presentations demonstrations and benchmarks; provision of support throughout the sell.
As a Senior Sales Consultant you will be responsible for providing presales technical / functional support to prospective clients and customers while ensuring customer satisfaction with minimal supervision. Acts as a technical resource for less experienced Sales Consultants. Develop and deliver high quality standard Oracle presentations and demonstrations. Present and articulate advanced product features and benefits, product future direction and overall Oracle solutions. Design, validate, and present Oracle software solutions to include advanced product concepts, future direction, and 3rd party complimentary products. Develop and manage reference sites through high quality technical, professional client relationships.
Job duties are varied and complex, needing independent judgment. May have project lead role. 5 years vendor (sales and marketing) experience. 5 years relevant computer applications or database/tools. Demonstrated proficiency in one multi-user operating system. Through knowledge of system and application design. Strong verbal and written communication skills: needs analysis, positioning, business justification, closing techniques. Demonstrated ability to solve complex technical problems with accounts in complex technical environments. Ability to travel as needed. BS degree or equivalent; advanced degree desirable.