• Provide L1 Support for VARs, Distributors, service providers, enterprise customers, and end users via telephone, e-mail, and web.
• Troubleshoot complicated hardware and software issues, replicate customer environments and network problems in the lab.
• Manage critical customer issues and facilitate communication between customers, escalation, and engineering.
• Participate in cross-functional tasks such as new product development projects, support readiness teams, KB and other documentation activities.
• Provide on-site support for customers when needed.
• English fluency both written and spoken
•From a technical college or university with networking, security, programming and NFV experience, like Engineering or Computer Science Degree preferred.
• Associate network knowledge (or higher) preferred - JNCIA (CCNA) or ability to achieve this within 6 months.
•Eager to learn technology, interest in programming and scripting
•Network fundamentals including routing, switching and security technologies
•Excellent team player
•Strong problem-solving skills
• Knowledge in IP networking in layers 2-4(TCP/IP, Ethernet, VLANs, VLAN stacking QoS, STP, RSTP, OSPF, RIP, VRRP, IGMP, MPLS, Multicast routing protocols)
• Excellent Communications and Interpersonal Skills required, with a passion for the Internet, its growth, and related new technologies.
• Ability to learn and integrate new technologies in a fast-paced environment
•2-3+ years of experience in a support role (field engineers or as technical support engineer)
•Experience mentoring junior team members
•Achieved a minimum of JNCIS certification and preferably JNCIP (CCNP or eq.) level certification
•Working experience with traffic generators and network protocols analysis tools
•Strong problem-solving skills, applicable to large and complex network scenarios
•Proven escalation management and leadership skills
•Able to multitask when several critical issues happen simultaneously
Nice to have
Knowledge of UNIX/Linux operating systems
Good understanding of TCP/IP
Ability to analyze packet captures
Excellent client-facing skills