By joining Emerson as a Manager of Power Systems Engineering team you will establish and build the Power Systems Engineering capability within the OSI Digital Grid Solution’s European Delivery Center of Excellence. The Manager will recruit, develop and lead a rapidly growing team of power systems engineers to ensure successful delivery of SCADA and related projects across Europe through the provision of high-quality engineering services.
If this sounds like an interesting job for you, then join our team in Cluj-Napoca, Romania!
In this role you will:
- Ensure the successful recruitment and effective onboarding of the team in line with growth plans, and provide subsequent leadership, development and management of the team to provide project delivery excellence.
- Ensure delivery of effective and competent power systems engineering support to OSI’s European projects to achieve and exceed customer and stakeholder expectations.
- Be accountable for the delivery quality of the Center of Excellence, and for continually innovating and improving project quality. Ensure alignment to, participation in and improvement of OSI’s methodologies and delivery practices.
- Develop and support a strong customer focus within the team, and maintain effective customer relationships in support of delivery excellence.
- Create an inclusive and supportive environment within the team and actively supports team members in achieving personal development and growth.
- Ensure all project activity assigned to is adequately resourced including securing, where necessary, additional resources – other OSI/Emerson staff from engineering centres, temporary staff, permanent staff, etc.
- Manage the Engineering Group to achieve the target utilisation and effectiveness & efficiency KPI’s
- Be accountable for other tasks as assigned within the reasonable expectation of the role. Accountable for exhibiting behaviours consistent with Emerson corporate values. The business reserves the right to make reasonable adjustments in line with business requirements.
For this role you will need:
- Power Systems Engineering degree (or equivalent) at a Bachelors or Masters level, with demonstrated work experience in that capacity.
- Detailed practical understanding of energy transmission and/or distribution systems, including operation, control and optimization.
- Proven experience leading engineering services and/or project delivery functions, with a track record of developing strong professional teams.
- Experience designing, implementing and testing advanced control systems for power utilities (or equivalent)
- Ability to interpret contracts and specifications, and experience working with customers to understand, capture and communicate requirements
- Demonstrated ability to clearly and concisely construct and communicate plans, documentation and to construct and clearly explain complex technical solutions.
- Ability to consult on power system modelling and effective application of product capability
- Experience producing clear and concise technical documentation.
- Ability to travel to customer sites across Europe, and on occasion to the US and other customer and company sites globally.
- Superior organizational, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving ability
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
- Demonstrable experience in the effective building, management and leadership of Engineering teams
- Local language skills with proficient English (verbal and written)
- A strong commitment to customer service, safety and teamwork
WHO YOU ARE:
Are you passionate about connecting with different areas of the business? Are you eager to build new technical projects? You continuously push yourself to solve each technical challenge and are not afraid to question the status quo by proposing creative solutions to problems, then this is the perfect place for you!
Our Offer to You
By joining Emerson as a Manager of Power Systems Engineering team , you will be working at the heart of our business. This means that the skills and business insight gained can serve as an invaluable foundation toward developing your career within our global organization. We offer plentiful opportunities for advancement and support this through our formal personal development planning process.
Our on-boarding program uses a blended learning approach to get you up and running as quickly as possible. You benefit from Emerson certified trainers with extensive knowledge of our customers, products and applications.
Our global Women in Stem initiative gives you the chance to connect with local peers that share the same interest, to promote the diversity & inclusion and early STEM education and to benefit from professional development to access leadership opportunities. Also, we are committed to maintaining a partnership with the Society of Women Engineers (SWE).
Our inclusive company culture celebrates the unique perspectives, diversity of thoughts, and exceptional innovation that come to life when we actively seek to hire and develop the best, the brightest team members from all backgrounds. These unique points of view help foster fresh thinking and new ideas, ensuring our continued success into the future.