A crucial role combining strategical, tactical and managerial responsibilities in order to drive our commercial success and profitability. You bring strong leadership capabilities with strong business and financial acumen, strong stakeholder management and collaboration skills and the ability to work transparently and with a sense of urgency across various countries, cultures and functions.
We have an exciting new job opportunity in our EURAM organization and are looking to hire a
Regional Director Commercial Strategy & Business Consulting
Purpose of the role
Under the direction of the Executive Director Regional Operations, you are responsible for defining and leading the deployment of our regional strategic approach based on market and businesses intelligence and leveraging in a comprehensive digital transformation, as well as on a strong innovative culture. You lead our way in the future and ensure we anticipate and exceed our End-2-End customer expectations.
Welcome in our team
Our Regional Commercial Operations team (17 employees) offers strategic and tactical support to our commercial country clusters in the EURAM region. The team covers all essential expertise with focus on Commercial Strategy, Marketing, Communications, Supply Chain and Regulatory Affairs. The Commercial Strategy & Business Consulting team (7 employees) is responsible for developing and deploying strategic and tactical support within Digital Transformation, Innovation, Pricing management and Value-Added business insights.
Main tasks include, but are not limited to
- Leading, managing and developing the Commercial Strategy & Business Consulting team (3 direct reports, 3 indirect reports);
- Leading the overall innovation, value added services, market intelligence research, pricing strategies and regional strategy;
- Aligning local needs with the overall global strategy, creating new strategies for sustainable long-term growth including identifying and deploying initiatives supported from a regional point of view;
- Coordinating strategic and business support for EURAM markets piloting scalable projects in close collaboration with global, regional and local functions allowing our organization to become a true client-oriented partner;
- Installing and developing a dedicated pricing function in EURAM driving price optimization and implement new pricing strategies and concepts;
- Evaluating partnership opportunities, competitors and acquisition targets;
- Acting as the ambassador of the team into the Regional Leadership Team and translating business opportunities into solutions;
- Developing and maintaining good relationships with leaders of our organization, gaining their confidence and working effectively in our complex international matrix environment.
- University degree in a relevant field (Veterinary medicine, Life Sciences, Business Administration);
- At least 10 years of relevant experience in more than one functional area (Commercial, Marketing, Finance) across various countries and cultures;
- Demonstrated experience managing direct and indirect reports;
- Excellent command of the English language, verbal and written;
- Willingness to travel up to 50% of your time;
- Currently living in the EURAM region in one of the countries where our animal health organization has Commercial Operations office presence.
What we offer
We welcome you to a truly global, dynamic and challenging environment with great opportunities for personal development. Our benefits depend on the job location but are in any case very competitive.
Our Animal Health division is a trusted global leader in veterinary medicine, dedicated to the health and well-being of animals. We are a global team of professionals working together to make a positive difference in animal care and the world’s food supply and have a deep sense of responsibility towards our customers, consumers, animals, society and our planet. We offer one of our industry’s most innovative portfolio of products, services and technologies that serve to prevent, treat, and control diseases across all major farm and companion animal species.
Who we are …
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world's most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What we look for …
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
We are proud to be a company that embraces the value of bringing diverse, talented, and committed people together. The fastest way to breakthrough innovation is when diverse ideas come together in an inclusive environment. We encourage our colleagues to respectfully challenge one another’s thinking and approach problems collectively. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
For questions about this vacancy
Please send an email including the vacancy number and job title to the following email address:
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Valid Driving License: