The Sourcing Manager will drive the category sourcing agenda in pursuit of sustainable reductions in the total cost of goods and services procured, with simultaneous improvements in the quality, competitiveness and service levels of the supply base.
The Sourcing Manager has accountability for championing and driving the strategic sourcing process to deliver significant cost reductions by executing at scale strategic sourcing initiatives which leverage emerging market development to change service and cost dynamics.
A Business Consulting focused Sourcing Manager will support and negotiate specific engagements as part of the review of professional services programs and projects.
- Leads the execution and supports the development of Category-based sourcing processes for assessing and fulfilling current and future sourcing needs
- Manages complex sourcing deals, driving the supplier selection and negotiation process for key sourcing events.
- Leads the development of annual and medium-term strategic plans. Identifies specific sourcing projects/initiatives for the year including expected savings, resource requirements and associated timescales for completion. Ensures clear alignment between sourcing objectives and client’s short and longer term interests
- Executes strategies to extract supply-side savings and manage demand-side consumption in order to lower the Bank’s Total Cost
- Develops strong, productive working relationships with clients at a senior level.
- Takes ownership for sourcing issues and actively participates in their resolution
- Actively manages sourcing performance, both self-delivered and through Sourcing Managers, against agreed financial and non-financial targets for assigned categories of spend/client groups. Drives implementation of sourcing strategies to secure TCO reductions in line with forecasts
- Monitors performance against agreed metrics (SLAs, KPIs, KRIs). Provides clients with regular and ad hoc Management Information (MI), analysis and insight to drive new thinking, development and implementation of interventions
- Actively supports knowledge management. Continually scans the category and industry environment to gather insights.
- Experience in managing senior client relationships
- Experience in one or more relevant technical area
- Experience managing complex sourcing projects in a specified category. Senior level experience in commercial negotiations
- Successful, multi-year track record in a sourcing or a vendor management organisation
- Experience working in the Financial Services / Management Consulting industry
- Strong team leader and team player, able to work in virtual, global teams in a dual reporting matrix organisation
- Excellent relationship management, analytical, problem solving, financial management, strategic agility, communication, influencing and presentation skills
- Excellent communication skills, fluent in English (written and verbal)
- High energy, with the ability to work in a fast-paced business environment
- Exposure to a broad range of client groups and business challenges. Willing to take the tough decisions
Additional (not mandatory) skills that could play to your advantage:
- Experience in a leadership role
- fluent in German (written and verbal)
- People Management:
- Creates an environment where people management and development is the number one priority. Empowers, manages, coaches and mentors direct reports and others in the organisation
- Proactively manages tough people decisions to ensure people performance is aligned with organisation imperatives and needs. Addresses individual performance issues, where necessary, to drive for high performance
- Bachelor or Masters Degree or MBA (or equivalent) from an accredited college or university (or equivalent)
Our values define the working environment we strive to create – diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.