Discover ING Tech
The focus of ING Tech Romania (established in 2015 as a global hub for technology) has been on building strategic key capabilities, such as developing and continuously improving common IT solutions that can be shared, replicated and reused across the other ING countries.
Currently, ING Tech Romania provides approximately 100 services to more than 18 countries and units. These services are grouped in the following main categories: software development; data management; non-financial risk & compliance; audit.
Now, in 2021, our fast-growing organization gathers more than 1000 high-performing engineers that work together in global tribes.
As part of the development towards a “Next Generation Digital Banking Platform”, ING is renewing the Data Management capabilities globally. The Tribe Data Management realizes, as part of the “Unite Programme”, an integrated data management platform for the Dutch and Belgian organizations: the “Unite Data Lake”. This is an ambitious implementation based on state-of-the-art technology.
Your activities start at analysis and end at operations. As such you are a true DevOps engineer, with full ownership of the solution you build (you build it, you run it).
Your day to day
- • As a DevOps engineer you will be working in a scrum automation squad of 5-7 people consisting of three or four DevOps engineers and one or two Business Analysts. In addition, there will be a Product Owner responsible of the delivery and priority of the features.
- • The squad is responsible for building generic features that will create the transition to a Self-Service Oriented Platform .
- • You will be responsible of researching, designing, configuring, developing, testing and deploying (engineering mentality) technical solutions that will fit the purpose and landscape of ING.
- • The features to be built will automate processes in several layers of the Data Lake improving data ingestion, processing, consumptions and metadata management.
We are looking for someone with the following skills:
• Big Data Apache Platforms and Tools: NiFi, Kafka, Spark, Hadoop, Cassandra
• Python and Java
• Bash scripting
• Experience with ETL processes and tools
• Good understanding of Data Warehouse concepts
• Experience with batch and real-time data integration
• Experience with database design, modelling and data analysis on large amounts of data
• Experience with Linux operating system
• Wiliness to learn and experiment with new technologies
• Ability to translate functional and non-functional requirements (e.g. Security, High Availability)
• Understanding of Agile - Scrum methodology is considered a plus
• Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing, to be able to align with various stakeholders
• Proficient in English (verbal and writing)
• Enthusiastic personality, bringing pleasure and connection with Agile methodology in multidisciplinary teams.
What’s in it for you:
• Flexible working schedule, which usually includes two days of WFH, but we can adapt to any situation, we work fully remote for the moment;
• Because everybody is working from home and we really understand that is not always easy, we have built an online well-being programme that can help you manage this stressful period;
• We also have a cool community and your colleagues will help you to integrate fast;
• We support each other, and we share our work and passions on an online Tech Neighborhood;
• A relaxing environment will be awaiting for you back at the office, with a flexible desk policy that allows you to work from an office desk, but also from a couch or from the terrace;
• And when you will need a break, you can have a tea from Teapigs and/or a coffee from Nespresso which you can enjoy while reading a book from Bookster;
• Even though we work fully remote this does not mean that you can`t enjoy your own monitor and chair from the office at home while our live DJ sets plays you