This is an external staff position. Your employer will be a third-party supplier, in service for Microsoft.
You will be part of a team responsible for providing an outstanding technical support experience to our business customers. From problem identification to full resolution, you will own and manage the customer experience over the phone and Web. When needed, you will collaborate with others to engage subject matter experts, Engineering (Product Groups) or Management. Your day to day job will be about providing both technical expertise (either on your own or by involving your colleagues) and about being an excellent communicator and a service oriented professional. You will be given the opportunity to become a subject matter expert in one or more areas and receive guidance and mentorship from your colleagues.
- Scope a customer’s issue by collecting the relevant facts and investigate the problem by doing your own research and by involving other teams as needed.
- Consult and collaborate with your immediate peers or colleagues around the world and with management and engineering to resolve service issues.
- Act internally as a customer advocate.
- Empower customers to find information, self-solve when they decide to, and learn more about Microsoft products, services and support.
- Advise customers on how to gain additional value from their Microsoft products.
- Document your technical work and research to help your colleagues, improve the product, and improve the support experience.
- Maintain a proactive approach to customer happiness, identifying customer satisfaction concerns and managing customer expectations.
- 3+ years in a customer facing service role in any capacity
- English Language: fluent in reading, writing and speaking. If English is not native language, proficiency test results is a plus TOEFL, TOEIC, Cambridge English Exams)
- 2+ years of experience in technology, support, training, consulting, architecting, development, network, data center operations, IT admin in a large scale enterprise environment (> 500 severs).
- Bilingual – preferred though not required: Spanish, French, German, Italian
We are looking for candidates who have a growth mindset and strongly believe that knowledge can be developed with effort and persistence. Also helpful is a strong technical background, experience, and knowledge in one or more of the technologies below would be a plus:
- In-depth experience with an emphasis on Troubleshooting in the following areas:Windows Server and Client Operating Systems:Performance including: System Hangs, Memory Leaks, High CPU, etc.Setup, Upgrades, and DriversWindows Clustering and High AvailabilityVirtualization and Hyper-VRemote Desktop Services
Directory Services: Active Directory, Group Policy, DFSR, Security, PKI, Bitlocker
Storage: iSCSI, MPIO, VSS, S2D
Understanding of networking concepts such as DNS, DHCP, SMB, NLB and TCP/IP protocols.
Analyzing network traces
Print Configuration or Management
Windows scripting and PowerShell
Tools: Sys internals Suite, Perfmon, xPerf, WinDBG
Please note that working hours might change according to business needs. Though schedule changes are not frequent, you will need to have flexibility to accommodate changes as needed.