The Support Engineer is a trusted advisor to IT Professionals - you will have influence over a broad range of solutions that create business value for our customers. Your technical and relationship skills are critical to the success of the customer’s perception of value of the Microsoft solution. You will have a chance to solve technically complex problems for the some of the world’s largest companies, as well as smaller companies on the leading edge of their industry.
At Microsoft Customer Support Services, the sentence: “That’s not our problem” doesn’t exist in our lexicon. With more than 7,000 employees, we deliver world-class assistance around the clock to businesses, partners and developers in 24 languages.
Exchange Support Engineer is a trusted advisor to fellow IT Professionals, using broad and in-depth troubleshooting skills and product knowledge to solve challenging technical problems. Frequently, these problems will not only be technically complex, but will also require a customer-oriented mindset. You will have a chance to contribute to keeping up and running various environments for some of the world’s largest companies.
We are looking for people who:
- Are smart and intellectually curious,
- Seek a challenging work experience,
- Want to learn and gain greater expertise in their field,
- Are interested in a wide range of professional development opportunities,
- Enjoy providing the highest level of customer experience,
- Work with passion, while having fun, and act in an honest and ethical manner
- Speak French or German
- Provide quality support and reliable technical solutions via phone or email in order to find the best solution for technically complex problems
- Consult and collaborate with your immediate peers or colleagues around the world and with management and engineering to resolve issues.
- Empower customers to find information, self-solve when they decide to and learn more about Microsoft products, services and support.
- Advise customers on how to gain additional value from their Microsoft products.
- Document your technical work and research to help your colleagues, improve the product, and improve the support experience
- Maintain a proactive approach to customer happiness, identifying customer satisfaction concerns and managing customer expectations
We are looking for candidates who have a growth mindset and strongly believe that knowledge can be developed with effort and persistence.
It will be considered a plus, if you have good understanding and experience with the following products and technologies:
- Network concepts (DNS, network protocols, IPs and ports, etc.)
- OS basics (Registry, Processes, Rights and Permissions, etc.)
- Active Directory (Authentication Protocols, PKI)
- Exchange/ Outlook 2010/2013/2016 (architecture, troubleshooting, design, administration)
- Migration to Exchange Online
If you do not possess in-depth knowledge of the above, we require you to have general IT knowledge we can build upon, coupled with high desire and motivation to develop yourself into a technology expert. We offer a new hire ramp-up program with a senior mentors, diverse technical and soft-skill training and access to Microsoft certifications and possibility to travel abroad for professional development.
Mandatory Languages: English and strong advantage: German, French, Spanish, Turkish