The Regulatory Operations team in Booking.com is growing & we are looking for a Team Leader to build & steer the Accounting team within the scope of regulated online payments.
The Team Lead in the Regulatory Operations Team will focus on E2E ownership of regulatory reconciliation processes. Will serve as a review, control & representative function on all regulatory activities in scope.
The TL helps to apply the finance strategy aligned with Booking.com’s business objectives by working on key initiatives connected to online payment products, regulatory environment and the impact of them in financial processes in scope.
In this role, the Team Lead will be responsible to develop and coach a team that embraces and drives change, business partnering, efficiency with the use and development of the right tools, growth, empowerment, and teamwork.
The Team Lead manages a team of Senior Accountants & Accountants and serves as a business advisor to their stakeholders. The Team Lead takes the lead to prioritize and delegate activities, and develops the team to ensure KPIs, SLAs and deadlines are met so that we help scale business and steer business decisions.
- Developing, managing and inspiring a team of Accountants, translating company, and departmental goals into team and personal objectives
- Building and developing a proficient knowledge of regulatory operations processes and reconciliation processes within the team.
- Creation of a recruitment plan to scale up the team considering future prospects.
- Serving as the leader of the group, ensuring work tasks are adequately prioritized and completed, team member’s workloads are balanced and actively monitored
- Ensure consistent delivery of daily reconciliations to assure regulatory requirements are met
- Review & control for quality of daily reconciliation input from the team
- Ensure process KPIs, SLA’s and deadlines are met
- Assist in building & following the escalation paths with internal and external stakeholders
- Establishing a reporting framework which supports decision making, accountability, and process improvements, keeping in mind control environment and compliance requirements
- Work with the management and projects team to implement process changes by identifying process improvements.
- Providing accounting support on a range of ad-hoc/cross-functional projects and strategic initiatives
- Ensuring roadmap alignment with internal and external stakeholders
- Actively interacts with stakeholders and stays connected/informed on any changes with the Go to market strategy to understand the impact that has on his/her team
- Ensure individual team member’s objectives are in alignment with team roadmap
- Tracking and monitoring performance levels, and manage underperformance in the team
- Prepare and conduct performance reviews and keep track of progress during the year
- Background in finance
- Proven accounting experience
- Experience working under regulated frameworks
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with managing teams
- A good people motivator
- Ability to proactively drive the assigned projects and reach the preset objectives
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Understanding the impact of the team and the bigger picture
- Good presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrates tenacity, drive, ability to inspire and collaborate.
- Ability to multi-task & a flexible and positive attitude
- Able to adapt style and approach in order to work effectively with internal and external stakeholders from a variety of different cultures
- Able to operate effectively in a complex environment with a wide variety of stakeholders
- Ability to proactively prioritize and lead the assigned processes and reach the preset objectives, KPIs & SLAs
- Demonstrates analytical and curious mindset, tenacity, drive, and ability to inspire and collaborate
- Ability to be an effective people manager yet just as comfortable rolling up the sleeves to get the job done in a demanding and evolving start-up environment
- Motivational people manager who believes in building teams of high performing individuals and knows what it takes to do this in a rounded and people-centered way
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to present, make decisions and gain consensus with a large group
- Demonstrable experience in finance roles with progressively increasing levels of responsibility.
We are a performance-based company that offers career advancement and lucrative compensation, including bonus. We also offer what is called the “Booking Deal” with competitive benefits. This position is open to any candidate globally and in the case of relocation, we will assist you with a generous relocation package, ensuring a smooth transition to working and living in The Netherlands.
If your application is successful, your personal data may be used for a pre-employment screening check by a third party as permitted by applicable law. Depending on the vacancy and applicable law, a pre-employment screening may include employment history, education and other information (such as media information) that may be necessary for determining your qualifications and suitability for the open position at Booking.com.