Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. As employees we come together with a growth mindset, innovate to empower others and collaborate to realize our shared goals. Each day we build on our values of respect, integrity, and accountability to create a culture of inclusion where everyone can thrive at work and beyond.
With over 17,000 employees worldwide, the Microsoft Customer Experience & Success (CE&S) organization is responsible for the strategy, design, and implementation of Microsoft’s end-to-end customer experience. Come join CE&S and help us build a future where customers come to us not only because we provide industry-leading products and services, but also because we provide a differentiated and connected customer experience.
Within CE&S, the Customer Service & Support (CSS) organization builds trust and confidence for every person and organization through delivering a seamless support experience. In CSS, we help customers and partners resolve their issues quickly, prevent future problems from occurring, and demonstrate new ways to achieve more from their Microsoft investment.
Applications & infrastructure - the largest and fastest growing group in CSS - provides Microsoft’s commercial customers with timely technical expertise to address their business-critical challenges and partners with them to advance global, cross-cloud solutions that enable their people and empower the world.
As a Support Engineering Manager you will lead a team or group of Support Engineers with deep product knowledge that resolve customer technical issues. You will manage the customer relationship from a support standpoint, enable your team to deliver a great customer experience and drive Microsoft Product Improvement. This opportunity will allow you to accelerate your career growth and hone your customer relationship management skills. You will develop deep technology industry knowledge and become adept at building and leading diverse teams.
This role is flexible in that you can work up to 50% from home.
• You lead a team of product experts that solve complex customer technical issues by practicing leadership principles, driving accountability and attracting/ retaining great people
• Regularly meet one-on-one with your direct reports, and conduct employee connects and career development discussions along the year.
• Provide feedback on an ongoing basis and coach engineers on improving communication skills, technical ability and speed of customer and internal deliverables.
Response and Resolution
• You manage the customer relationship with regards to Technical Support and acting as an escalation point for Support Engineers to remove roadblocks.
• Manage high priority escalations as appropriate. Respond to escalated customer cases in a timely manner, ensure appropriate resource assignment
• You ensure your team has the technical skills required to provide a great customer experience
• You ensure your team understands the product feedback cycle and participate in case triage meetings. You identify the right resources to implement automation or tools.
Business Integration & Collaborations
• You establish engagement strategy to promote effective collaboration across other teams and organizations to enable a great customer experience
• Engage directly with global counterparts, with field services team and customers to ensure that we continually deliver high quality service and plan for future developments effectively.
• strong operational excellence, delivery management, account management, sales, or vendor management experience
• OR Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology (IT), or related field AND 5+ years operational excellence, delivery management, account management, sales, or vendor management experience.
• experience of people leadership
Additional or Preferred Qualifications
• people management experience.
• experience in customer success, technical support, product support, end-user support, IT Admin support, Consulting, or developer support.
• Depth understanding of the Customer Success discipline
• Strong customer service, communication, and interpersonal skills.
• Strong understanding of leading a Global Cross Technology Team.
• Strong focus on Influencing, Collaboration and Partnership to maximize results
• Outstanding communication skills at the executive level internally and externally
• Proven track record in the management of global service delivery operations
• Ability to set and communicate team and individual goals and communicate strategy, tactics and behaviors required to achieve those goals.
• Flexibility and ability to adapt to ambiguous and changing situations.
• Ability to manage high pressure situations.
Other Skills and Competencies
• Communication: Represent Microsoft and communicate with corporate and internal customers via telephone, email, or other electronic means, regarding technically complex issues with Microsoft software products. Be able to logically and accurate communicate to various levels (Engineers to Business Owner and Executive). Lead and recovery situations with customers.
• Customer focus: Ability to put customer first, lead and prioritize work to deliver great customer experiences. Maintains focus on the customer experience when balancing short- and long-term decisions.
• Collaboration: Communicates with individuals from other teams or organizations and listens carefully to how they perceive mutual issues or opportunities
• Influence for impact: Listens for the priorities and concerns of others and acknowledges differing perspectives.
• Adaptability: Actively seeks information and tests assumptions; shifts his or her approach in response to the demands of a changing situation.
• Judgment: Scopes problems by identifying key issues, inputs, stakeholders, and outcomes.
• Creative Problem Solving: Solves abstract problems by considering the environment and applying original thought.
• Drive for results: Sets clear and challenging goals for a portfolio of work, and pursues them with enthusiasm and passion
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and / or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire / transfer and every two years thereafter.