Location: Bucharest, Romania
The people we all rely on to make the world go round – they rely on Thales. Thales rely on its employees to invent the future: right here, right now.
Present in Romania for over 40 years, Thales is expanding its presence in the country by growing its Digital capabilities and by developing a Group Engineering Competence Centre (ECC). Operating from Bucharest, Thales delivers solutions in a number of core businesses, from ground transportation, space and defence, to security and aeronautics.
Several professional opportunities have arisen. If you are looking for the solidity of a Global Group that is at the forefront of innovation, but with the agility of a human structure that tailors to the personal development of its employees and allows opportunities for evolution in an international environment, then this is the place for you!
RAMS & Validation Engineer
Thales is a global technology leader for the Aerospace, Transport, Defence and Security markets. With 64,000 employees in 56 countries.
RAMS Management & Validation of safety-critical application software for railway systems, including, validation:
• Validation of technical documentation (Requirements specification, Software Architecture and Detail Design documents, Safety Concepts, Technical safety Reports, Test Specifications and Reports, User manuals)
• Validation of the test coverage and the fulfillment of coding rules
• Specification, implementation and execution of validation tests
• Evaluation of solved and unsolved defects regarding the operational impact
• Validation of the adherence of the relevant norms (CENELEC)
• Responsible for the validation reports that summarizes the validation results
RAMS (Reliability, Availability, Maintainability and Safety):
• Elaborates Safety Concepts and Principles applied
• Safety analysis and Safety management of Thales products
• Perform Failure and Hazard Analysis, creates and maintains a Hazard log
• Responsible for Safety Cases according to CENELEC norms
• Supports development organization in assuring the safety integrity of our products
• Evaluation of unsolved defects regarding the safety impact
We are looking for an outstanding applicant who can demonstrate the following qualities:
• Technical study of computer science, transportation, mathematics, physics or similar;
Preferred project experience:
• Experience with safety relevant systems
• Knowledge of functional safety standards like IEC 61508/61511, ISO 26262 or similar (preferred CENELEC EN 50126, EN 50128, EN 50129, EN 50159)
• Experiences in Software Development and/or System Engineering
• Experience in Railway Application Development is a plus.
• C/C++ (ability to understand source code)
• Java (ability to understand source code)
Preferred tools and methods:
• Verification, validation or safety management of software applications
• ClearCase for Configuration Management
• ClearQuest / JIRA for Defect and Change Management
• DOORS for Requirement Management & Safety Application Condition
• JIRA for task management
• Microsoft Office Tools
• Structured and well-organized
• Accurate working also under challenging conditions
• Intercultural communication, including the empathy to work in an international team
• Availability to travel abroad from time to time, longer travel period needed to Germany for initial trainings
• English (very good reading and writing)
• German is a plus
• Professional development in a multinational environment, training opportunities, attractive salary, medical care, restaurant tickets, sports programs, housing loans etc.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!