Purpose of the role
The Technical Analyst is part of IT / Development team. The person works together with the Business Analyst and the Product Owner to assure that business requirements and user stories are thoroughly described from a IT functional perspective and are consistent with the Minimal Viable Product (MVP) and Product Vision.
Technical Analyst is responsible of the good quality and right granularity of the Product Backlog. The person works closely with the solution architect and development team ensuring appropriate functional and interfaces details are described, captured, shared and understood. The person supports the estimation process along with Development team (QA and DEV) and work closely with QA to ensure requirements are understood and can be turned into appropriate test cases. The technical Analyst involves in all the Scrum ceremonies (daily stand-ups, backlog grooming, spring planning, and retrospectives) and supports the Agile delivery framework.
- Responsible for translating business user stories into technical stories/functional requirements in partnership and collaboration with the Business Analyst and Solution Architect, working in an agile and iterative manner to detail out appropriate solutions
- Liaises with Business Analyst, and technical community (architecture. quality assurance, developers etc.) for technical solution identification.
- Evaluating dependences, interfaces and specifying inputs and formatting outputs to meet the business needs
- Provide needed clarifications to developers or other squad members on interfaces and technical stories
- defining Non-Functional Requirements
- Works closely with engineers, to prioritize, trouble shoot and resolve reported bugs / issues / stories on applications
- Responsible for supporting the testing requirements together with the QA Team
- Drives data discovery, sourcing, modelling and analytics to support the creation of data flows and models. This includes researching and profiling data sources in data categories of expertise
Competencies and Experience
- Experience in Functional Analysis , Private Banking, Wealth Management
- Good knowledge on technology & database concepts, SQL, ETL, data analytics
- Experience in support functions including understanding of products and business processes
- Experience working closely with Product Owners and Business Analysts for translating business requirements into technical requirements
- Good knowledge of business analysis methods and tools (agile, waterfall, Jira, Confluence, MS Office)
- Good analytical and problem solving experience; experience in conceptualization and solution definition; actively seeks to reduce complexity and do the “right thing”
- Ability to identify and interpret stakeholders needs and requirements
- Self-motivated and flexibility to work autonomously coupled with ability to work in virtual teams and matrix/global organisations including appreciation of different cultures during collaborating and sharing.
- An organized self-starter able to manage in a complex environment; team player who continually collaborates and shares information
- Architecturally and process / efficiency minded with an ability to simplify complex activities; risk awareness
- An excellent communicator (written & verbal), influencer and problem solver
- Fluent in English (written/verbal); additional German knowledge ideal
Our values define the working environment we strive to create – diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.